Every cloud...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
..........has a silver lining.
What positive effects have you noticed as a result of the current lockdown?

I was out for a walk with the dog today down at the seafront of what would normally be a crowded promenade on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
What struck me was the lack of people and traffic (obviously!); but also the lack of litter, and best of all - the seagulls seem to have gone into hiding.
How will the greedy flying vermin cope without their most popular source of food throwing leftover fish and chips at them?
No doubt they will turn aggressive for a while as they seek out alternative sources, but what then? Will numbers decrease (hopefully) or will they do as nature intended and go to sea for their food?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
To be honest iv had a really happy week. Novelty WFH every day plus deliverables at work relaxed. Quieter roads and footpaths when out exercising. The wife has been at home to see during breaks and in a better mood than if she has to go to work. Feeling lucky that I’m not n the vulnerable group like some are.

Also, has anyone noticed allot more fellow cyclists and walkers are smiling and saying hello ?

Julia9054

Guru
I am getting loads of sleep. When I was younger, if sleeping was an Olympic sport, I'd have been in the running for a gold medal.
In more recent years, the amount and quality of my sleep has fallen off a cliff (not unusual, apparently, for women my age)
I am currently getting an unbroken 8 hours- it's great!
My son is home from uni. He is teaching me the Wim Hof breathing method so hoping to improve my lung capacity too.This will be good for my asthma, my cycling and my brass playing.

colly

Re member eR
I am getting loads of sleep. When I was younger, if sleeping was an Olympic sport, I'd have been in the running for a gold medal.
In more recent years, the amount and quality of my sleep has fallen off a cliff (not unusual, apparently, for women my age)
I am currently getting an unbroken 8 hours- it's great!
My son is home from uni. He is teaching me the Wim Hof breathing method so hoping to improve my lung capacity too.This will be good for my asthma, my cycling and my brass playing.
Magnesium is good for relaxation and help with sleep. We need it but we don't retain it and food today is often lacking in Magnesium and so most people are constantly running a deficit. Magnesium Glycinate is what to look for.

According to this learned chap:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYXBYAHhN8

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I feel a touch guilty. I went to work on Monday, and was told Monday night not to come to work for the foreseeable.
Though I’m only 50 I’ve hankered after retirement for a few years now, and this week didn’t disappoint. I love the idea of getting up, playing a bit of guitar, taking the dogs out, delivering prescriptions on my bike and doing a bit of cooking. A bit of photography and painting. Nice.

Clearly there are people in a very bad place at the moment (and in 2019 I was in one) so I will take what I can from it while I can.

Julia9054

Guru
Magnesium is good for relaxation and help with sleep. We need it but we don't retain it and food today is often lacking in Magnesium and so most people are constantly running a deficit. Magnesium Glycinate is what to look for.

According to this learned chap:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYXBYAHhN8

Poor sleep quality is also a common symptom of menopause. Fortunately, my only real symptom so far.

Top Bottom