Everybody Hates Us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I hate Facebook and don’t touch it, fair enough

a.twiddler

Veteran
Hmm. Perhaps as far as the OP is concerned, Everybody Hates Us (in Greenwich at least) is the right answer. The wonder of it is, that originating from one of Boris's many airy promises, a cycle route has been built at all. A degree of paranoia might be a prerequisite to survival, but maybe the thread title should be, "A Vocal Minority On Social Media Hates Us". Does this mean that cycle route No 3 is under threat as the OP asserts, or has it just been hyped up by this vocal minority? Most cyclists probably never read or post on forums, perhaps are just getting on with it commuting or whatever on that very route and no one ever hears from them. Probably the only way to know its usage for sure is to carry out a proper census, without reference to the hyperbole on social media. Red tarmac, blue tarmac or tarmac coloured tarmac, indeed!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
No one hears from this guy

A8F41BD6-1753-4016-BA36-A3ACFF78FA43.png

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't lurk around Greenwich much, but out here in west London, the vast majority of drivers treat cyclists with courtesy. All this 'them and us' stuff keeps newspapers and social forums busy but it's really complete bollocks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't lurk around Greenwich much, but out here in west London, the vast majority of drivers treat cyclists with courtesy. All this 'them and us' stuff keeps newspapers and social forums busy but it's really complete bollocks.

Its the same in Greenwich and in fact all of London. Its just a minority of car drivers that act like arses towards cyclists.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Its the same in Greenwich and in fact all of London. Its just a minority of car drivers that act like arses towards cyclists.

It's the same in the west of Scotland, where cyclists are quite rare (outside of Glasgow, possibly). The trouble is, if you go cycling for a few hours, you're going to encounter hundreds or even thousands of drivers, depending on where you go. It only takes one arse to spoil a ride.....

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
It's a London thing, isn't it, and although stuff that happens there might affect the rest of us eventually, it's as well to remember that London isn't the focus of most people's world.

"a quarrel in a faraway land between people of which we know nothing."

Domus

Guru
I think we should wear Israel Premier Tech jerseys and rainbow socks, then when we get abuse and/or knocked off it would be classed as a hate crime and the boys in blue would be forced to investigate and prosecute the offenders.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Surely the only ‘comments’ that count are those submitted to the local authority as part of a planning consultation.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Surely the only ‘comments’ that count are those submitted to the local authority as part of a planning consultation.
They count more, especially if reminding officers and politicians of their obligations in the national planning policy framework chapter 9, but there is an awful lot of highway design which doesn't go through planning consultations or any other consultations, which can be influenced disproportionately by perceived public mood. That's why this shoot matters.

Top Bottom