Evran - Brittany France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scraynes

Über Member
Hi everyone,

I've managed to get a couple of days together to nip over the France with my 5 years old boy to briefly introduce him to cycle touring. I'll have him on a tag a long and want to take camping stuff - obviously..

I live in Jersey, so will be catching the ferry to St Malo and would like to go down the river towards Rennes and catch the train back to St Malo from Montreuil Sur Ille.

The ideal stop for the night would be Evran, but I can't find any camping or indeed hotels or BB without going quite a long way off the canal route. I've noticed that on the north side of the canal in Evran there is an area for parking up with a grassy area and a few picnic tables (have a look on google maps using street view and you'll 'see' it).

I'm a bit concerned about wild camping there - not too worried about us, we can cope, but wondering how much of an issue it really is in France. Don't want to be moved on - would be a pain to have to ride for an extra hour of so to the next place.

Plan B would be to camp at Taden just north of Dinan - but that makes for a long second day getting to Montreuil Sur Ille.

Just wondering if any of you have any ideas?

Top Bottom