Evri again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Why companies trust this courier company to deliver their goods with such a poor record

Today’s example Delivery due between 11am and 12am

We have nothing outstanding for delivery

Text message.Your parcel (which I haven’t ordered) has been delivered.

Looking at the reviews a good review was hard to find.How they remain in business I’ll never know.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Why companies trust this courier company to deliver their goods with such a poor record

Looking at the reviews a good review was hard to find.How they remain in business I’ll never know.

I dread when I see it’s them that’s delivering anything. My favourites, at least for this area are DPD and Yodel.

In this area, Evri are better than others.

Yodel are poor and can't follow instructions, DPD have recently delivered a parcel into our dustbin (instead of the specified "safe place") and now DPD have "lost" an expensive delivery from John Lewis

Dag Hammar

Saturday I had an email at 12:33 from EVRI telling me that my parcel was due to be delivered that day between 16:30 and 18:30.
The doorbell rang at 16.08, he was 22 minutes early.

gbb

Legendary Member
A colleague of mine does shifts for Evri, he showed me a photo of the depot he works out of parcels absolutely piled high, so much so it surprised even him.
Why do companies use them despite their reputation ?..almost certainly the price...what else could there be ?..and maybe the price ultimately dictates the staffing levels, that in turn effects the quality of service.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Evri are pants & DPD are very good here (SE Lakes).

Royal Mail Parcels - a total non-starter.

Yodel - pretty good.

UPS - rare for us and a dickhead of a driver to boot.

End of comprehensive & in-depth review of parcel delivery services to our piddly, but lovely, village. 🙂

Tenkaykev

Guru
I ordered a Buddy Holly LP and was told it had been dispatched using Evry. I had a tracking number as it meandered through the system. It’s not arrived yet but Evri day it’s a getting closer…

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Evri have made a lot of changes since the name change and not for the better.

DPD is an excellent courier here at the moment. They are on the ball.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We only have issues with Evri until the point it get's to the courier - the hub stuff, we get 'your parcel has been delayed,' then no tracking until the local courier. Our local person is great, she's a bit of a speed merchant, and you can hear her 'tunes' from down the road, but she's really reliable.

PS I've heard you should be getting any RM stuff posted ASAP for Christas. Only priority 24/48h stuff is getting done quickly, I was going to order some track day vouchers for my son, but it looks like I'll have to do it on-line rather than him physically having a voucher (just something 'physical' to get rather than an 'email').

If you were not expecting anything, and have only received text messages, then is it not more likely that the sender has entered the wrong mobile number for the recipient?

I used to receive text messages from Argos for someone else’s orders as the customer had entered their own details incorrectly.

Reactions: C R

tom73

Guru
We never had a problem with Evri until the usual delivery driver stop coming. No it’s hit and miss the last to deliveries one got left out side no attempt to knock I was in at the time. So only found hours later when I let the dog out. The other was just left in the recycling bin again found by chance.
Mrs 73 recently sold some thing buyer went with evri item is now missing.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
A lot of things happen between the consumer pressing ‘order’ and it arriving at their doorstep. Along the way, there are so many touch points for things to go wrong.

Considering the thousands of packages they process daily, I’m not surprised the odd one goes astray.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
Its not just odd occasionally if you read the reviews. Never had a problem when it was Hermes.
Royal mail never a problem.If we can get items from Amazon that’s who we use They give a delivery time slot then advise how many drops they are away

The Every driver that usually comes is great if we are not in he puts the parcel behind the bins A parcel delivered yesterday while we were out was delivered yesterday was taken to a neighbour. No card posted through the door.Neighbour came round with it Had to apologise that we didn’t know it had been delivered His comment was well it was Evri.

Top Bottom