Evri again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are having the same problems. Trying to contact the company to chase up missing orders, wrongly delivered items or raise concerns that items like mine that were thrown in the front garden is hopeless.

OldShep

Über Member
Saturday I had an email at 12:33 from EVRI telling me that my parcel was due to be delivered that day between 16:30 and 18:30.
The doorbell rang at 16.08, he was 22 minutes early.

We had a great DPD driver, Leon, always ahead of time but wasn’t allowed to hand over until the allotted time. We used to stand chatting with one eye on the clock.
Evri and DPD are excellent here Parcel Force usually good but Yodel can be a bit variable.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The local delivery people are not the problem round here - it's everything before them that is. For example, the picture below is of the sorting area for the Felixstowe & Trimley area. Not the container as that's where the delivery van drops the big builders bags of parcels for pre-delivery sorting by the individual drivers. Not the little cabins as they belong to the riding stables. The sorting area is the gravel area and grassland in the open air in all weathers!
1670183097979.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No real problems here as there are two local delivery drivers who know everybody.Evri often says stuff has been delivered when it has not but the local drivers put a note on the local FB pages giving the actual delivery date.
Parcelforce and Royal Mail are the best in this area.
DPD drivers come from Oban but they deliver reliably. Problems are before the stuff reaches them.

Alex321

Veteran
I dread when I see it’s them that’s delivering anything. My favourites, at least for this area are DPD and Yodel.

Whereas my experience is that Yodel have always been significantly the worst of the major delivery companies. And that experience started when we used them as a courier for delivering books, when I worked for a publisher.

And as a customer, I have never had an issue with Hermes/Evri in either our previous house or our current one.

Seems like Evri is performing badly just from the article. They can’t deliver and people have to help them to do their job. I am surprised that the delivery driver and her district manger have no issues sharing their poor performance to the wider world.

It has long history of poor ratings since 2014. They changed their name recently to move away from the past reputation and it is still the same.

Not sure now but they were the second biggest in the UK market so it is not a relatively small start-up.

Last edited:

Dag Hammar

@Arrowfoot your comment is well constructed and you make a valid point.
My thoughts on the newspaper article was that here is a courier that is overwhelmed by the volume of parcels and her trying to offer a solution to customers awaiting delivery.
Being a courier must be a thankless task.

Sharky

Guru
Just had two parcels from Halfords via DHL delivered this morning. No problems.

A helmet which is too small for me and a bike, which is also too small for me and came without pedals!

Luckily, they are the right size for my 2yr old grandson. Just in time for Christmas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom