Ex club members wearing club kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
what are your thoughts on ex club members still wearing club kit when training?

I’m seriously considering not renewing my membership as I’m just not getting to any of the training sessions or using the training plan on training peaks so it’s just a cost that I could do without, but I do own club kit which wasn’t particularly cheap and is nice to train in.

So not that it matters but just wondered what people’s opinions are on ex club members still wearing club kit, I’ve know a few people who have moved away from where they used to live but still wear the kit from their old club.

spen666

Legendary Member
Why waste kit?

iandg

Legendary Member
When I move on from Stornoway I'm not going to bin (or sell for a pittance) perfectly good Hebridean CC kit that fits me. I'll wear it on solo rides but not on another clubs ride.

Most of my old (previous club) cycling kit has worn out now but I still use Stafford Harriers and Stornoway Running Club kit when I go for the occasional jog.

Venod

Eh up
I too am considering not renewing my club subscription, I will still use the club kit, I can't see it causing any concern.
I still wear a club top from a club I was in 1980 ish its a talking point because they have changed the design several times since.
People wear Sky kit and other top team jerseys, from what I have observed they wouldn't make team selection.
You bought it so wear it.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I have never belonged to a cycling club.
I spotted a Fenland Clarion jersey at a vintage cycle jumble a while back and couldn't resist buying it.
I sometimes wear it while cycling around the Burnley and Pendle area because it says "look at me - here's a Fen Boy who can cycle up hills" :becool:

ETA: It also says "of course you can climb faster than me - I'm from the Fens"

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As an ex/lapsed member off the club I see no reason why you should not wear the jersey.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
With it being a tri club I have cycle bib shorts and jersey, tri suit and also a running vest too so it’s a fair bit of kit to sling or stuff in the back of a drawer :smile:

Personally I couldn’t care less. I use the club discount in the attatched LBS, but very rarely make any of the rides, mostly because of a couple of complete tools that seem to turn up to all of them, and there’s not enough hours in the day, or days in my life to be putting up with people like that, when I’m not being paid to do so. I actually don’t own any ‘club kit’, so I can’t really comment on your predicament.

Lee_M

Guru
you bought it, wear it. I still wear my old club kit (London based ) when I'm riding with my current club in Wales, no one cares

Top Bottom