Examples of non political advocacy topics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moderators

Legendary Member
MJR you've had several answers which clarify what is allowed. This being one.
Absolutely. If it's cycling related it should be fine it is a cycling forum after all. Surely everyone knows that.
It's a cycling forum with a cycling advocacy section. Difficult to discuss cycling advocacy without reference to the politics.

If that's not clear, you can pm the moderators or Shaun and we'll be happy to discuss.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
....... please could we have examples of acceptable advocacy topics?

There is a list of acceptable subjects compiled for you here.

On a more serious note. @odav has summed it up very well. Political discussion that is relevant to the subject at hand is allowed. A rant about how awful (insert political party here) is, or a side-step onto another political topic will get moderated.

Each case will inevitably be different and will be handled as well as the mod team are able to.

Civilised people don't call others "deliberately dense". You're completely out of order, and should know better.
A comment borne out of frustration from the childish way that some people have conducted themselves recently. (Reporting the site owner for trolling? Seriously? :crazy:)

I am prepared to accept that I overstepped the mark here. I apologise for that.

Is anyone else willing to step up and apologise for their behaviour?

Edit: Oh drat. One of the other mods has locked it while I was writing that.:blush:

Shaun

Founder
I appreciate my closing of the general political debate sub-forum will lead to a short period of re-adjustment, and accept that there will always be a link between politics and cycling and we should have those discussions on CycleChat - we are a community of cyclists and those ideas, propsals, changes, etc. have the potential to have a big impact on us.

There's no change for the Advocacy and Safety forum, it has always had political aspects to the discussions and can carry on as before; and if a political proposal or issue related to cycling doesn't fit into the advocacy and safety forum, feel free to post about it the General Cycling forum.

But please politely disucss issues and allow everyone to post their opinion without turning the threads into party or personal political debates - that's what the new politics site is for.

Many thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom