Excel Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
First step, If I had the coordinates for a square's (x,y for each corner), then how would I plot that square onto excel?

Secondly, how would I then plot many others onto that same graph? - about 40 in total.

I can also work with MatLab if that is the only way - but I am pretty illiterate.

Help would be hugely appreciated, this is for my dissertation which has a looming deadline, and playing with excel is using up a lot of valuable time!

Just to let you know what you are helping me a achieve, I'm trying to determine how a groyne impacts sediment on the beach, so this graph would be plotting movement.

Many thanks!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Perhaps this should have gone in the computers and electronics forum...apologies!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm trying to determine how a groyne impacts sediment on the beach, so this graph would be plotting movement.
Many thanks!

The sediment normally impacts on my groin on the beach. Any movement is entirely due to displacement activities in the groin to reduce the discomfort.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
and it gets in your sarnies

(edit: the sand gets in your sarnies, not Vernons groin.......I hope)

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
First step, If I had the coordinates for a square's (x,y for each corner), then how would I plot that square onto excel?

Secondly, how would I then plot many others onto that same graph? - about 40 in total.

I can also work with MatLab if that is the only way - but I am pretty illiterate.

Help would be hugely appreciated, this is for my dissertation which has a looming deadline, and playing with excel is using up a lot of valuable time!

Just to let you know what you are helping me a achieve, I'm trying to determine how a groyne impacts sediment on the beach, so this graph would be plotting movement.

Many thanks!

Put your x co-ordinates in one column and your y co-ords in the next, select the two columns and then use the graph wizard to create a scatter graph. I think that should do what you want.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Put your x co-ordinates in one column and your y co-ords in the next, select the two columns and then use the graph wizard to create a scatter graph. I think that should do what you want.

More or less.... but need to join the points to make the square. Might resort to just drawing the line in on a scatter plot as you say

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Ah, I misunderstood. Can you change the point marker to be a square the size you want and then simply plot the centre of each square?

It is an option, I think scatter graph and manually drawing using the insert objects tool is by far the most simple way to achieve the aim, not perfect but oh well, we'll see

Top Bottom