Excercise Bike Contraption?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Pretty much yup.

I have my own thoughts on turbos, but I don't air them anymore as it's not worth the grief TBH.

If you are sure you'll use it then fill your boots, but I've seen too many friends, and myself, get one with the absolute best of intentions only to leave it unused after a couple of spins.

Perhaps if you can afford to go the virtual reality route it may be different, or if you can have it in the house may also help, but I can neither afford to go VR or have it in the house, so for me it's a no go.

I don't think i'll bother with one, unless i can try one out and convince myself it's a good thing to have. At the end of the day it's simulation and not the real thing isn't it. I don't want to end up just riding some rollers when the intention of cycling is to get out there and enjoy the fresh air and scenery etc.
I think i'd probably end up like i did when i used to punch a punch bag for half an hour at a time. One day i stopped and thought "why the hell am i doing this,it's totally moronic"!:laugh:

I don't think i'll bother with one. I don't want to end up just riding some rollers!:laugh:
Now rollers are a different animal to a turbo trainer as they require constant concentration, (and therefore less boredom presumably), otherwise you end up on the floor, like THIS :laugh:

But, as you rightly say, "the intention of cycling is to get out there and enjoy the fresh air and scenery etc"

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Now rollers are a different animal to a turbo trainer as they require constant concentration, (and therefore less boredom presumably), otherwise you end up on the floor, like THIS :laugh:

But, as you rightly say, "the intention of cycling is to get out there and enjoy the fresh air and scenery etc"
Now that is something i definitely do not want to happen to me, after two fall offs last year, but i can see how the concentration will over ride the boredom factor. :ohmy: Are rollers cheaper than turbos?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Top Bottom