Exchange rate...boo hiss..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

..so now the euro is all but on a par with the pound euroland isnt as cheap as it once was...hmm...wont be long before it will be cheaper to stay in th euk and tour

GrahamG

Guru
Considering the amount you spent on the channel - med tour, I don't think you've anything to worry about! :biggrin:

xilios

Veteran
Bigtallfatbloke said:
..so now the euro is all but on a par with the pound euroland isnt as cheap as it once was...hmm...wont be long before it will be cheaper to stay in th euk and tour

Time for a tour on the other side of the pond :biggrin:

Bodhbh

Guru
Is giving me some trouble as I ponder where to go next year. Any other countries worth visiting whose currencies have gone down the toilet?

yello

We have an English retired couple in the village, pension in sterling. They're not particularly happy at the moment.

Tony

The Euro will go down the pan soon. Just hang on.

Tony

I would add that when the pound goes down, "imports are more expensive, prices must go up!"
When the pound goes up, "our exports are more expensive, prices must go up!"

None as blatant, though, as a representative from the car industry explaining how cars were more expensive in the UK than anywhere else (before tax) becauseof, er, the strong pound making imports, er, more expensive......

That's called "lying".

gavintc

Guru
I was in Germany last week and can confirm that euroland is blooming expensive. I was planning to do some Chrstmas shopping but the prices were just not competitive with here.

asterix

Comrade Member
yello said:
We have an English retired couple in the village, pension in sterling. They're not particularly happy at the moment.

GrahamG said:
Why do I struggle so for sympathy? :evil:

Many ex-pat pensioners who live in France do so partly because the UK state pension is the worst in the EU and moving to France was a way to avoid living their remaining years in poverty. Maybe it will be again, but for many it's a worrying time.

I am very fortunate as our French former-ruin is a maison secondaire but we know plenty of people of modest means who have worked hard for their life in France.

Top Bottom