Excited moped driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the way home last night I was passed by a moped, seeing it as a challenge I promptly gave it some welly. As I caught up with him I could see him looking in his mirror, as I pulled level with him (my speedo was reading 30mph) he gave me the thumbs up and started shouting excitedly "your doing over 30mph" repeatedly, he must have said it about 4 times!!!! :ohmy::biggrin:

Carwash

Señor Member
Eat MY Dust said:
... he gave me the thumbs up and started shouting excitedly "your doing over 30mph" repeatedly, he must have said it about 4 times!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Are you sure he wasn't telling you off? You weren't in a 30-limit zone were you? :ohmy:

bonj2

lookatme.gif
:ohmy:

Bonno

Guru
I was following boy racer on moped once, holding 28 mph about 2 foot from him when he swerved out and slammed his brakes on while steering towards the side of the road. Luckily i found some gravel in between the shrubbery at the side, as i ended up doing some off roading, :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's great isn't it....

A few years back I outpaced a moped for about 4-5 miles, flat and uphill whilst on a late evening training ride, and it wasn't until I stopped at lights that the female rider said I was doing in excess of 30 for most of that time......

Did keep pace with a motorbike and pillion a few sunday's ago on the flat between two sets of lights - I could see the passenger wondering what was going on.......

Last year I had some Chavs shouting at me from their car, I was expecting the worse, until I could hear 'you were doing over 30 whey'... just smiled and waved....

That's half the problem with cars though, they don't think you are going that fast when they pull out !!

PrettyboyTim

Eat MY Dust said:
lol, going by your commute video, you probably think 30 mph is really fast!!

It isn't? :ohmy:

bonj2

Oh no - didn't you know? 30fmph* = about 18amph**

* = forum miles per hour
** = actual miles per hour

domtyler

Über Member
My best was hammering along in a bus lane, up ahead was a motorbike on the right and further up another cyclist, the timing was perfect for me to whizz straight through the middle of them as we all aligned at the exact same moment, brilliant! :ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
bonj said:
Oh no - didn't you know? 30fmph* = about 18amph**

* = forum miles per hour
** = actual miles per hour

There may be some truth in this as motor vehicle speedos are set about ten percent below actual speed. I notice this when using the Sat Nav in the wifes car or indeed when I am in a 30mph limit area and have my garmin it will read about 25-26 when going with the flow of traffic.

Top Bottom