Excitement!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While I'm not riding due to this shoulder injury, I've had way too much fun researching the flat-bar rebuild of the Scott road bike. I just never knew there was so much in the way of different bits and systems and, and...

Has certainly done CC some good, shopping through the links!

Nearly done sorting parts now, just hope it all meshes together well enough!

:becool:

Are you not going to tell us what you bought?

I'm also off the bike with a sprained Trapezius ... sadly I can't justify any more rebuilds this year! :sad:

Last edited:
Despite @vickster linking above, I'll be only too glad to spout it again!
Bars: from donor Norco Indie 3
Cassette: Shimano CS-HG41 11-34t
Rear Mech: Shimano Alivio RD-M410
Wellgo LU987U flat pedals
Cables!
Lots of tools!
Decisions: It may be that the cassette plus my current chainset is too much for the rd; if so, I'll use the Altus chainset from the Norco which will certainly not be too much. The next fun is making everything work together. In an ideal world, a set of Claris combo brake/shifters will work for everything. However, they might not work with the rear mech. They will do the brakes properly, however. The alternative is to use the Altus shifters from the Norco. They will almost certainly go with the rear mech, but might not work with the Sora front mech. They may also not be ideal for the road caliper brakes.
So it will be fun and instructive to see what happens, although the work may also have to wait, to some extent, until recovery from surgery.

Oh, and a bell. Can't survive without a bell. Ting-ting...

:biggrin:

Why did you opt for the MTB derailleur? Have you swapped to x1 chainring? Will you be going off road, or just fancy tackling some more hills?

Should be fine, you likely need a longer chain though if you are changing up from a 28 or 32 road cassette, unless there was already a lot of slack in the chain.

Box of bits to open in the morning - more excitement!

Top Bottom