Excuse me, I need to vent some spleen...

Do you think she's sitting there thinking...

" I bet that prissy little English girl is gonna reply in that calmly superior way of hers. She goes everywhere on that stupid little bike of hers, you can hear coming a mile off, it's the tutting that gives her away. Bet she's going down the supermarket to elbow the grannies out the way of the reduced section. God I can't stand her, she typifies what this country is all about..........."

:smile:

:biggrin:

:laugh:
 

TheDoctor

Resistance is futile!
Moderator
Location
Stevenage
Arch said:
Cottage cheese and pineapple, pate... Mmmmmm. Can I come round for lunch? Two of my most favouritest things.... Virtual hug accepted. Anyway, I'm still giggling from that improvised dalek in the tea thread...:smile:

Yes, I suspect she doesn't want to come all the way over to the workroom. Although, it would give her an even greater audience for her moans and groans - all the others who work up there with her are probably plugged into their headphones ignoring her...

Partly why, I admit, I sent the reply email telling her about the microwave over here in a single calm sentence. I know everyone else on the list will be able to imagine the tone of my voice...:biggrin:
You can come round for anything you like!:laugh: Plenty of fillings left, but drop into Tesco as you pass and grab another pack of tiger rolls, if you would. I'll put the kettle on.
 

Cycling Naturalist

Legendary Member
Location
Llangollen
I suggest that in the course of a conversation about how you should have no heating indoors to slow down global warming, that you mention how you have just found that three of your aunts were convicted of murder and you are now having dreams about drinking human blood.
 

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Have a word with the powers-that-be regarding microwave purchasing, and let them suggest to her that she fills in the Request-To-Purchase (or whatever York Uni calls such forms...).
If the financial admin's anything like what I'm used to in my particular corner of the public sector it should tie her up in red tape for months.
 

Cycling Naturalist

Legendary Member
Location
Llangollen
Landslide said:
Have a word with the powers-that-be regarding microwave purchasing, and let them suggest to her that she fills in the Request-To-Purchase (or whatever York Uni calls such forms...).
If the financial admin's anything like what I'm used to in my particular corner of the public sector it should tie her up in red tape for months.
Tell her that you found a large dead rat in the room yesterday and you want to microwave it because that's the best way of killing off Weil's disease.
 

Pete

Guest
I work for an American owned company. That just about says it all. I could launch into a rant about things that, by coincidence, have happened to me just today. But to do so would hijack your thread, Arch, and isn't really relevant. 'Nuff said. I know how it feels. I am currently fuming too. :biggrin:
 

JamesAC

Senior Member
Location
London
Pete said:
I work for an American owned company. That just about says it all. I could launch into a rant about things that, by coincidence, have happened to me just today. But to do so would hijack your thread, Arch, and isn't really relevant. 'Nuff said. I know how it feels. I am currently fuming too. :biggrin:
Feel free to share.

I need a break from Arch's earlier post for those of a Nautical Bent!!:smile::smile:
 
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
Patrick Stevens said:
I suggest that in the course of a conversation about how you should have no heating indoors to slow down global warming, that you mention how you have just found that three of your aunts were convicted of murder and you are now having dreams about drinking human blood.
Tricky, I only ever had 2 aunts, and one of then is dead....

Landslide - nice idea!

Pete, do rant if you need to. It would make me feel better is my thread benefitted others as well...;)

Doctor, I'm on my way!
 
Top Bottom