Exploring (featuring Mad Doug Biker)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ok, last chapter - BTW, Shaun told us to split long posts - it's on the read before you post thingmy.

So, yuppie :wahhey: we are in Luss, finally!
Here's the proof:
lussboard.jpg
We go for a spot of dinner :hungry:, well deserved, I must add. Bikes are resting:
ourbikes.jpg
They are joined by a friend (don't know if you can make out the Cube), are having a chat.
bikes1.jpg

The rider of the Cube goes in ecstasy at the sight of MDB's racy job, they spend the next half hour comparing specs. Time for another fag, me thinks.
By the by, I asked the guy how come he knew straight away the racer way Doug's, not mine? I'm a devil, I know :evil:
Very diplomatically, he says "it's because of the shoes".
Aye, right, not because I'm a middle aged short legged lady that couldn't possibly :ohmy:
It turned out the rider was travelling from Perth (up up up north) to Wales, had to get there by today, to win a bet. We told him to join CChat and tell us all about his trip.
We then started back to attack the most sloping hill. I was dreading this bit of the return trip, as I had noticed the descend, said to myself, will I make it back up?
Glad to report I made it ... barely :tongue:
After leaving MDB with lots of thank you and some kisses :girl: I reached home with no mishaps.
That was just under 68 miles for me, my previous one trip milage was 20.
Have this feeling I'll not be able to walk tomorrow, or the day after for that matter!
Signage on the Glasgow- Loch Lomond way was excellent, only went the wrong way once, because the sign was slightly bent.
Cycling paths once you leave Glasgow don't have any broken glass, I noticed.
Once back in the big smoke, I instantly switched into commuting mode, growling at the first black taxi crossing my way. The joys of city life!
Thanks for reading, I will leave you with some random pictures of the trip. Goodnight all!
loch2.jpg Loch1.jpg panorama2.jpg MDB3.jpg panorama.jpg MDB2.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Goodnight, and thanks for that! Incidentally, the Nessie hat was watching the 'Lympic highlights on the telly earlier....

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Lovely tale ... and impressive mileage! How big is the grey bike?
You mean my Boris, Summerdays? He's 18 inch, I think. He's a big heavy boy, comfy though. Need to raise the stem a bit, this trip confirmed my feeling, as I was stretching a bit.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Wow, well done Pat! (you'll have to change your username to Pat "68 miles"). :thumbsup: I bet you ached a bit after that (in a good way).
Strangely enough, it's now the day after, I'm ok, just the back of my upper legs are a bit stiff. No sore bum whatsoever, I was not even wearing padded shorts.
I think it's because of my job, keeps me fit: I've got to walk up and down the SECC, long hours on my feet, often with added heavy lifting.
I've always had active jobs, and of course I commute the 5 miles there and back by bike, every shift. :training:

Top Bottom