Exploring (featuring Mad Doug Biker)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

Oh, boy: me thinks you gonna be chased by MDB throughout the mean streets of Glesga sooon: he's gonna get you, Jimmy, 'cause he's VERY fast! ;):ohmy:

He He but I'm in the auld reekieness of Embra- which is divided from Gleskae by an impenetrable veil through which no mortal can pass.*

Plus, while not very fast, I'm very low, so can hide in the bushes. ^_^

* Unless you turn L instead of R when you hit the canal, in which case you'll sneak in under our anti-westcoaster radar and avoiding the indescribable horrors of the Bleak Orc-infested Gloomiferous Mountains of Mordor Harthill and quite likely end up a nice pub.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Great story,I usually get as far as the Erskine Bridge and decide thats far enough west. Too posh to go any further:smile:

It is a curious mixture of nice countryside and.... THE VALE OF LEVEN!! Actually, Pat was wondering what what wrong with the place as the path looked quite nice. I did mention one or two stories about dogs, but I failed to mention that several people have been murdered along there before. :laugh:

Anyone else think he has a look of Wiggins about him or is that just me?

Does this mean I'll need to grow side burns now?

My wee legs are positive MDB IS Wiggins!^_^

I wish!

It's just you ... Wiggo would never be seen dead in those strides ....

I refuse to wear shorts in public, sorry.
Actually, if you want to know who I really look like, especially when I haven't shaved and I need a haircut, is Shaggy from Scooby Doo!

Strangely enough, it's now the day after, I'm ok, just the back of my upper legs are a bit stiff. No sore bum whatsoever, I was not even wearing padded shorts.

We were wandering through Halfords (don't ask, it was entirely my own fault) with Pat watching some kids look at Cycling shorts, and declared that with the padded bum bit that they looked like nappies.

Yet another reason why I don't wear shorts.... :laugh:
Do we have to read all her posts in fake Italian accents now?

Whenza your Dolmio day?

Mad Doug's not as stupid as he looks you know.

Is this the Post a lie thread?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nessie has been watching the 'Lympics again today, with Rowing, Swimming, Tennis, Fencing, Hockey, Handball, Gymnastics, Equestrian and, it's personal favourite, Sailing being viewed today!

It was a bit disappointed yesterday as we were watching Wiggo win his gold in the TT, but my Mum had freinds round and she wanted to show them holiday pictures on the telly.... So we went to the back room to watch the conclusion of the race, except that I forgot about Nessie, so it got to see pictures of Iceland instead.....

Note to self: Nessie isn't actually real.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Reading this thread confirmed what I have often thought when reading your previous threads Pat. You have the ability to take an everyday scenario, then, very cleverly, you engage folks imagination and show us how to look at the funnier side of life.
With your simple, funny, entertaining but concise way of writing, I think you should seriously consider sharing your stories about life with 'Boris', aka. 'Spokeo', maybe? with children everywhere, enlightening them to the joys of having a magical and loyal two wheeled steed!
You go girl :thumbsup:

Nihal

Veteran
One thing I hadn't realised about Pat is that, despite living in Scotland for XX years, she still has her Italian accent.
Her voice on the other end of the phone was a bit startling at first! :blush:
Okay now you've confused me.Pats mom is German,she (Pat) has an italian accent..............and she now goes at 68mph:wacko:

Awesome story and ride guys:bravo:

Great story, well told, but something's been nagging away at me and I've only just figured-out what it is ... and it's that MDB looks surprisingly normal ... :unsure:
Yes it is,is'nt it??:whistle:
And Pat,i really doubt you are already 49.............;)

:bravo::thumbsup:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I've just caught up on this thread.......absolutely brilliant - well done Pat, I've really enjoyed reading it. I'm also pleased that Doug does exist and that he's not a 15 year old girl or a 60 year old man weighing 40 stone. As an earlier poster said....you both look normal :laugh:
Remember, looks can be decieving........

although im sure Pat's normal..............................:whistle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Reading this thread confirmed what I have often thought when reading your previous threads Pat. You have the ability to take an everyday scenario, then, very cleverly, you engage folks imagination and show us how to look at the funnier side of life.
With your simple, funny, entertaining but concise way of writing, I think you should seriously consider sharing your stories about life with 'Boris', aka. 'Spokeo', maybe? with children everywhere, enlightening them to the joys of having a magical and loyal two wheeled steed!
You go girl :thumbsup:

Yes I enjoyed your writing too. Have you thought of taking it further?

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes I enjoyed your writing too. Have you thought of taking it further?
I wanted to be a writer in my youth :rolleyes: lost it somehow :blush:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I thought MDB would look like this:

Bearded-biker.jpg

Top Bottom