Explosive medicine....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
On the 5th Jan something went CRUNCH in my left knee on my first commute of the year. It's still not right so I went to the Drs this week and he has prescribed me Glyceryl trinitrate.... According to Wikipedia its rebadged explosives!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_use_of_nitroglycerin

I have to apply a 1/4 of a plaster daily. Headaches will be a side effect.

Anybody used them? Got any feedback? Will I go POP!?

I suppose this could be put in the Health & Efficiency thread, but there you go....

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
you will be fine ................................... surely @Dave 123

young Ed

Veteran
oooh careful, we don't store many explosives here but we aren't too careful with those that we do store. and i know farmers round here that i work for that buy a few tons of fertiliser at a time (one i work for buys 6 tons at a time) and to give you an idea of what 6 tons is it is most likely a bit more than 3 times your car! and fertilizers are explosives being nitrogen and all, so no i wouldn't worry too much about a few plasters :smile:
Cheers Ed

Levo-Lon

Guru
Thats all we need ,roadies exploding in the fens ffs..lol local rags will be calling for nato to step in

Only heard of it for hearts..

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
oooh careful, we don't store many explosives here but we aren't too careful with those that we do store. and i know farmers round here that i work for that buy a few tons of fertiliser at a time (one i work for buys 6 tons at a time) and to give you an idea of what 6 tons is it is most likely a bit more than 3 times your car! and fertilizers are explosives being nitrogen and all, so no i wouldn't worry too much about a few plasters :smile:
Cheers Ed

Agricultural fertilisers are not explosives. They are oxidising agents. Under normal storage conditions they pose no threat whatsoever. So no I wouldn't worry about six tonnes of fertiliser stored in, at or near my home. In the grand scheme of things six tonnes is not a lot. Users of ammonium nitrate are advised to limit the size of their stacks to three hundred tonnes.

You need to acquaint yourself with the relevant HSE documentation and get to grips with the extremely low risks of properly stored fertilisers.

classic33

Leg End Member
Agricultural fertilisers are not explosives. They are oxidising agents. Under normal storage conditions they pose no threat whatsoever. So no I wouldn't worry about six tonnes of fertiliser stored in, at or near my home. In the grand scheme of things six tonnes is not a lot. Users of ammonium nitrate are advised to limit the size of their stacks to three hundred tonnes.

You need to acquaint yourself with the relevant HSE documentation and get to grips with the extremely low risks of properly stored fertilisers.
Popular for packing in cars though.

classic33

Leg End Member

Popular for packing in cars though.

Top Bottom