External Stop Cock Q.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Calling on the collective power of cycle chat...

My dad used to turn this on and off all the time - so it can't be difficult - but I don't want to turn the wrong bit and do some damage or cause a flood. Anyone seen an external stop cock

like this before and, if so, advise whether one turns the hexagonal bolt in the middle or whether one turns the outer circular frame via the two semi-circular indents?

Many thanks
Derek

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That looks like a flux capacitor. Be careful.

Dag Hammar

I have never seen anything like that before. Rather than it being a stopcock, it might be a blanking plate ready to be removed and a water meter put in its place ?
Of course, if you are already on a metered water supply then that theory would be wrong.

Calling on the collective power of cycle chat...

My dad used to turn this on and off all the time - so it can't be difficult - but I don't want to turn the wrong bit and do some damage or cause a flood. Anyone seen an external stop cock

View attachment 607123

like this before and, if so, advise whether one turns the hexagonal bolt in the middle or whether one turns the outer circular frame via the two semi-circular indents?

Many thanks
Derek

Turn it via the two circular indents.

That's based on nothing more than it saying 'on' in the gaps next to it, and the fact it's not me getting soaked if I'm wrong. :okay:

Top Bottom