Extinction Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think it was Frankie Boyle who pointed out that Insulate Britain were the most hated people in the country for wanting us to insulate our houses - in an energy crisis - in a climate crisis.

I know they might be inconvenient to some - but someone needs to point out the error of our ways.

I thought they wanted the government to pay for it all - not for us peasants to pay. :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Honestly it was a constant stream, a constant queue waiting to join the main road.

It was inconvenient.
But not for the people ordering stuff :smile:

Getting your food delivered, like with parcels etc, reduces overall miles in vehicles. Your supermarket delivery guy has 20 (?) deliveries in one van so goes from supermarket to delivery round and back to supermarket. Unless you have a really weird, disparate round, this uses less CO2 than every customer travelling to the supermarket themselves

Same goes for Amazon, it reduces CO2 (assuming people were already going to buy what the bought via Amazon). Having a delivery person dropping off to multiple preplanned addresses is a very efficient way to deliver things
The bold text is what I talked about - hence buying locally, or stuff with generally lower carbon footprint.

regarding the rest of your post; if you actually read back, chappy was talking about 3 supermarkets WITHING WALKING DISTANCE! So the home delivery vans must be adding food miles, shirley?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
Okay, it's been pretty civilised thus far... BUT ...

... there is a very good reason why NACA was closed and NCAP opened, so off you go and talk about it to your hearts (and minds) content in your own special NCAP. We are unable to Move threads over there, so you'll have to start all over again. :thumbsup:

Thread Locked but it'll stay here for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom