Ey Oop, from Wakefield.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigBadAl

Regular
Greetings. I used to be a regullar cyclist as a teenager, doing some 20 miles a day what with paper rounds (had a long one!) cycling to school and back and general mucking about. All dropped off when I went to uni though.

I've been hacking around for the last 20 years on and off on a Clause Butler Pagan MTB. I enjoy cycling but never really get the time.

I've just bought a Boardman Hybrid Comp on my companies C2W scheme. Idea is to commute at least three days a week, 6 miles each way) and try and get some longer "training" runs in at the weekend.

Drivers for this change in behaviour? Way to fat. The Boardmans going to have to cope with my 18 Stone for a while, not getting any younger (46 in a couple of months time) and frankly the price of petrol is ridiculous now. Chief driver is fitness though. If I don't do something now I will have diabetes before I'm 50 and heart disease before I'm 60. Obviously I'm going to have to couple my additional excercise with an improvement in my eating habits too!

Cheers for now.

Al

Oh, the user name....I've used it on other forums for years now and I am Big, and I am Al, but Bad??....not really. So if you call me you can call me Al...^_^

So long as you don't call me Betty, welcome ;)

Hello BBL and welcome to CC!

Big? Well, I've been here quite a few year and haven't heard of anyone getting bigger from cycling, so there's that benefit to look forward to, hopefully! :thumbsup:

Otherwise, enjoy your riding and your activity here on the forum.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CChat, Al. Have fun on your bike, you'll be soon adding miles to your commute 'cause you don't want to arrive (just yet) ^_^

phillc

Veteran
Hello Al and :welcome:to CC.

phill

Top Bottom