Eye protection when not sunny?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roger06

Hi

I've been cycle commuting since April so most days I've needed, or it's been OK, to wear sunglasses. Now we're into Autumn they're not always suitable but I've had mud, bugs etc in my eyes occasionally when not wear anything.

What do you knowledgable peeps do?

Thanks

Alex H

Legendary Member
Yellow or clear :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I have prescription transitions personally. Not a £3.99 option but you can also get non prescription versions

OP
OP
roger06

roger06

Ah OK. Obvious really! I notice Screwfix often do Dewalt clear safety glasses which I reckon would do the job.

OP
OP
roger06

roger06

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Got glasses with shatterproof, interchangeable lenses from Amazon years ago (modelled in pic to left). Five sets; clear, dark tinted, light smoke tinted, yellow (foggy days) and rose tint (optimistic days, presumably).

Never let me down yet.

I use the Rudy Project Rx

I have a prescription lens mounted and outer lenses I change according to the weather

Mirrored - Very sunny
Racing Red for indeterminate and changing days
Yellow for dusk and evening
Clear for nigh time

winjim

Smash the cistern
I use the Rudy Project Rx

I have a prescription lens mounted and outer lenses I change according to the weather

Mirrored - Very sunny
Racing Red for indeterminate and changing days
Yellow for dusk and evening
Clear for nigh time
Ditto. Racing red is very good for cutting down snow glare. Also, as we get into autumn and winter, the sun is lower in the sky so although it's often cloudy, when the sun is out it's more dazzling than in summer.

Top Bottom