F moser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Johnymak

Johnymak

I am far from being a Moser expert, but that amount of chrome and the Campag parts suggest a top end frame and a late 70 early 80 date. If so 250 could be a good price.

A cup of rea and a bit of time searching for images could be rewarding :cuppa::addict:

I've done alot of re searching and as I love my tea both go well hand in hand lol

The nearest frame and markings and year is a catalogue from mid 80.s
The f moser modella Amatori
I beleive the derauleir has been upgraded but the rest is original
There were this models markings in yellow on this model
But the moser portraight on the head tube isn't normally there normally the wording moser
And can't get anything in regards to the rear chainstay internal cabling
All the parts seem legit my only concern is the orinallity of the frame but the engravings do look original and it has a fm stamp with 54 below crank

Attachments

• 9d.jpg
    9d.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I've done alot of re searching and as I love my tea both go well hand in hand lol

The nearest frame and markings and year is a catalogue from mid 80.s
The f moser modella Amatori
I beleive the derauleir has been upgraded but the rest is original
There were this models markings in yellow on this model
But the moser portraight on the head tube isn't normally there normally the wording moser
And can't get anything in regards to the rear chainstay internal cabling
All the parts seem legit my only concern is the orinallity of the frame but the engravings do look original and it has a fm stamp with 54 below crank
I recon you should try £200 cash and see what happens . It is a bit too good to let slip through your fingers :whistle:

Go for it. I think it is better than the model in the catalogue, Moser’s were always a bit bling, and the chrome on the rear stays suggests somerhing upper end. From the Columbus transfers it looks to be SL which is another good sign.

Godfrey

Hi, I just joined this forum. Can you tell me if the bottom bracket is compatible with BSA68 and if the drive side is left hand threaded? Is there a recommended max wheel width? Can it take a 700x35c tire?

I just bought a F.Moser vintage, like yours from a bike shop.

Godfrey

I agree with midlife , it is a mid 1980's bike. I can tell you that the "F Moser" decals were actually not decals but the name was sprayed on and the head tube Moser "face" looks more modern than the original '80's one looked. So it may be resprayed , not that it rules out you buying it. Take a look at the photos of my Moser for comparison .
View attachment 425427

Hi John, can you tell me if the bottom bracket is compatible with BSA68 and if the drive sides is left hand threaded? Do you know the recommended 700c size tire? Can it take 700x35c tires?

Top Bottom