F1 British GP from 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abchandler

So Bernie wasn't messing around then!! GP is at Donington Park from 2010. Loads of work needed to bring it up to scratch for the spectator

Gosh!

There will have to be rather a lot of 'bringing up to scratch' done. A shame in a way, I love Donington just the way it is, at events like See Red you can get close enough to touch the cars.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Apparently Mr Max 'spank me harder, Heidi' Moseley, says the government should have helped Silverstone financially with the improvements needed.

Helping the money bags of football with Wembley was bad enough without subsidising the F1 millionaires.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Max and Bernie always say that everytime they threaten to drop it. The way I see it is if they threatened to drop and did drop Spa one of the greatest race tracks ever devised, silverstone is easy for them. Donington is not so bad, the 1993 race was excellent. I just hope they don't tinker with the track ala nurdturdring or hockenheim style. Some serious tinkering ruins some of them.

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm not really a car follower but must say that from a bike (Motorbike) point of view I think Donnington is one of the best. I've been to several tracks around the world and although Assen get's bigger crowds and has a good atmosphere I still prefer Donnington.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Shanghai is not a bad track either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a shame to see the back opf Silverstone, I rather like the circuit there. Although I also like Donnington. What happened to the idea of a London street circuit? That would have been really good.
Tips for this weekend, anyone? My money's on Massa again, although I suppose Hamilton must be in with a chance.

Rob S

They are going to have to spend an absolute fortune to get it up to even the standard of the Hungaroring having watched the MotoGP on the telly the other day!!

Have to say that after Cadwell Park, Donnington is my favourite circuit. It's got proper corners and GRADIENT.(Sorry bout shouting). So many of these new G.P. circuits are designed by the same guy and as flat as pancakes compared to Donnington. There's a lot of work ahead, if it does get the G.P. of course, but the "old loop" is still being used for a Sunday market on the other side of the wall at the end of the Melbourne loop. That'll add at least a mile to the length to start with. ;)

Smeggers

alecstilleyedye said:
iirc ayrton senna won one of his few f1 races in blighty at donnington. that gives it more than enough motor racing heritage for me.
Senna 1993Donnington Wet 1st Lap. youtube it, its the finest racing you'll ever see.

Top Bottom