FA: Dawes Lady Galaxy 1990s, 531ST

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardB

Slightly retro
We are selling my wife's Dawes Lady Galaxy (1997 approx) as her health no longer allows her to ride. Built by Dawes dealership from bare frame to identical specification as my men's Galaxy bought at the same time. Used as daily bike, plus tours in France and Netherlands. Dry stored most of last 10 years. Blue, mixte frame. 531ST/plain 531 forks, Georgena Terry saddle, Shimano STX groupset. Condition consistent with age and mileage - on the good side of scruffy with some marks to paintwork and small amount of surface rust, but all cosmetic. No actual damage, everything works as it should, gears shift and index correctly, tracks straight. Seatpost and stem are free to move in the frame. Well-loved old bike, but now is a good time for it to go to a new owner.

Currently on eBay (item no. 164233396942) with a starting price of £75. Auction ends 12 June 2020. Happy to answer any questions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164233396942?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thank you for looking.

IMG_3014.JPG

D

Deleted member 1258

That looks lovely.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Thank you. It's a nice old bike. I raised the saddle about two foot yesterday and went for a ride on it. It is really comfy, proper steel frame comfort. If it wasn't a mixte frame, I'd be keeping it.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
My wife has a Dawes Stirling of the same vintage and colour.

I guess your audience is a little limited with collection from Haverfordwest, as that’s almost America.

Hehe, almost! It's always an issue with selling in this area. Local is the way to go, but small population means limited demand for anything apart from 'chester draws' and dodgy 15-year-old Series 3 Beemers.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
In the eBay ad - 20”/51cm :okay:

Thanks. Yes, 20"/51cm from BB to top of seat tube. It's a mixte frame, so not necessarily equivalent to a standard frame. Best to say that it fitted my wife perfectly at 5' 5". (With the seat extended, it fitted me OK at 6ft too.)

Top Bottom