Fabricator / metal basher needed- anyone on here able?

PaulSecteur

Specialized fanboy
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place - I couldnt see anywhere else to put it.

Im making some mudguards fit my Specialized AWOL that is now fitted with its winter 2 inch MTB tyres. They are too wide for the normal metal guards it came with. I have bought a set from Decathlon for the princely sum of £5.60, I have them bodged into place, and they are decent enough but I would like one of the brackets to be longer.

If you have a look at this video you can see the bracket in question at 1minute 20 seconds - its the serated section thats the issue. (Caution - turn sound down)

Would anyone out there be able to make that bracket, except with the serrated section 2 inches longer?

Happy to pay or swap bike bits and send an original bracket to use as a template.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AReGJsLlzaw

biggs682

Smile a mile bike provider

Adam4868

Guru
You could make yourself,easy enough if you're in any way diy ish.Something like the banding below,easily available from toolstation/screwfix or similar.Just measure,cut,put a bend in it and your good to go.

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place - I couldnt see anywhere else to put it.

Im making some mudguards fit my Specialized AWOL that is now fitted with its winter 2 inch MTB tyres. They are too wide for the normal metal guards it came with. I have bought a set from Decathlon for the princely sum of £5.60, I have them bodged into place, and they are decent enough but I would like one of the brackets to be longer.

If you have a look at this video you can see the bracket in question at 1minute 20 seconds - its the serated section thats the issue. (Caution - turn sound down)

Would anyone out there be able to make that bracket, except with the serrated section 2 inches longer?

Happy to pay or swap bike bits and send an original bracket to use as a template.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AReGJsLlzaw
If you could draw a sketch and post a picture of the bracket with dimensions required, length to the bend, length of serrated section , length of slot and width plus thickness of material it would help .
At a guess it looks about 1mm?

Top Bottom