Facebook bloomin' Facebook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
They are indeed, but I'm pretty Shaun isn't using algorithms to harvest information to sell, or using little quizzes to gather information about our political inclinations. I can't believe people are daft enough fall for it, but it would seem billions of them gleefully have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

atbman

Veteran
Thanks for the info. FYI,when they finally sent me my FP details, there was beggar all info on my page since I couldn't log in :rolleyes:. I only use it to use the club's FB page which we use to communicate with parents and I use (mostly) to list youth section race results and make quasi-humourous comments on other stuff. They've spent the last 5(ish) years urging me to put my phoot on the page "so that your friends will know who you are" (sic). A weird definition of "friends" IMHO. I continue to do battle with the evil Orcs of Mark Rhymingslangberg

I was ‘contractually obliged’ to maintain a Farcebook presence, until a couple of weeks ago. Nothing (legal) has ever given me more pleasure than sacking it off.

OP
OP
A

atbman

Veteran
CEO of FB UK was on radio on Friday am. Found his details on one of those websites which provide info you can't find on company websites. Emailed him. Look forward(ish) to getting actual reply. Am lifelong optimist :sad:

simonali

Guru
I quit facebook because it would not stop suggesting that I be friends with Muslim people in Africa and Asia. Hundreds every week that I had to click a tiny x beside and this was next to impossible on a mobile phone. I have no idea how their friend suggestion algorithms are programmed, but they don't *&#?ing work!

Julia9054

Guru
I quit facebook because it would not stop suggesting that I be friends with Muslim people in Africa and Asia. Hundreds every week that I had to click a tiny x beside and this was next to impossible on a mobile phone. I have no idea how their friend suggestion algorithms are programmed, but they don't *&#?ing work!
That's odd - mine suggests friends of friends. I've never had a suggestion of someone with no connection whatsoever.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
They are indeed, but I'm pretty Shaun isn't using algorithms to harvest information to sell, or using little quizzes to gather information about our political inclinations. I can't believe people are daft enough fall for it, but it would seem billions of them gleefully have.

How else do you think he makes it pay ?

Katherine

Guru
They will always have a suggested friends list. So the more you click x on the more they will replace. If you have removed all the relevant ones then the suggested list will be less and less relevant to you. Probably people who are on the same group pages or like the same things.
Just ignore the suggestions.

Top Bottom