Facebook is no more

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by YukonBoy, 26 Nov 2018.

1. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

I understand why you kept it.

I should have kept the posts of some folk on here who said terrible terrible things in the inmmediate aftermath of grenfell.

They shouldn't have been deleted - by mods I assume.

I don't believe in censorship really - prefer to see folks as they are.

Maybe a bit odd that you never twigged that about him - keyboard warrior syndrome.

FB?

I have two accounts - used for sod all - mostly things/orgs I have to like or whatever so I know wots occuring as they are too lazy to do a web page.

That one is very quiet - as I never ever believed in FB even when it was flavour of the year/s.

Also, admit, have another one which I creatred for checking certain things out - that is so dormant inactive it's not true. Can't remember when I last logged into it.

But FB has revealed how it suckers folk in for they send me a ton of mails for that second one about lots and lots of relevant stuff/supposed friend activity bla bla bla bla that I really really need to know about if I am not to be shunned by its group of friends.

This second account clearly has a way way more interesting life than little old me.

On the first, I am reassured by the generally unlikely list of folk it thinks I might know.

I also like it when it alerts me that my account has been logged into from an "unknown device". It's me but I welcome the fact that they seem to think it might be someone else. And I never ever answer the question about "was it you?".

Edwardoka likes this.
  2. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Waffler

You're right that the signs were there all along. I used to work with him, and knew he had a very dark sense of humour and some unorthodox interests (UFOs, conspiracy theories etc but nothing too alarming.) But he was coming out with increasingly bizarre stuff, and this was the tipping point at which it was clear just how far he'd been, for want of a better word, radicalised.

Blue Hills likes this.
  3. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

Must be doing something right.

Just had a mail from FB suggest some groups i might like to join.

Including

My london postcode mum's group

St marys convent

Last time i looked the yellow bear was male.

Tempted to turn up to mum's group with my fb defence.

Edit. Andva pretty serious one.
    Just checked what the mysterious convent is.

Turns out it's a closed group so you can't see any content, but the tagline on the front page says,
    For those of us who survived St Mary's Convent, Folkestone, Kent

This is getting downright weird and disturbing - gawd knows what their algorithms think they know about me.

I have no connection with that place, town, nuns, or the presumed issues of that group

Last edited: 3 May 2019
  4. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Waffler

Ah but it's all down to metadata. You've replied to a message from me on this forum and as Facebook probably knows even though I've never mentioned it, I once visited Folkestone when I was 8. (I remember the horrifying wooden rollercoaster all too well.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice