Facebook is no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

simonali

Guru

I don't understand the question. You've shunned a smartphone, which is a pocketable mobile computer, yet have a laptop, which is a mobile computer that you need a carrier bag to carry?

I prefer to do it the other way around and have a smartphone and no laptop to lug about.

Going back to post 1, I have binned off Facebook twice now. Did it once and opened another account about two years later that only lasted a few months. I found the lack of privacy mind-blowing and won't be going back a third time.

I could put a picture of my basic Nokia phone but it would be a bit disingenuous really, as when we're cycle touring or otherwise on hols I use Mrs D's smart phone quite a bit, looking for campsites, weather forecast, checking in to flights etc. If she didn't have one I'd probably end up getting one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, I'm on a Tesco comtract for £7 a months. Several thousand free minutes and a load of data giggles that I never use at all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
After reducing usage to a minimum I have finally deleted my Facebook Account. I have to resist the temptation. To reinstate it in the next 30 days but once more I am free. Anybody else broken the Facebook addiction many of us have had?

Yep, deleted about 6 months ago. Nobody needs to see what I am up to, nor do I need to see them. Plus there were so many adverts.

It was the shady crap that FB was up to that made me leave. Performing psychological experiments on users.

That and constantly seeing those that I had considered friends were liking some truly abhorrent things.
To this day I keep a screenshot of the thing that made me go "nope" so that if I ever weaken I can remind myself why I don't go back.

Top Bottom