Facebook is no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Whilst the village idiot's page was entertaining, there were some nasty witch hunts. We also have an 'ex friend' who has stalker like properties, so that was another reason. I only use twitter for news feeds, eg. local paper, local food offers etc.

Don't mind twitter- can be a good laugh at times as long as you don't get into the threads......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't mind twitter- can be a good laugh at times as long as you don't get into the threads......

Some good videos on it !

Guess what, I'm really not missing it.
But you are still getting your dopamine hits....

Capture.PNG

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No Twitbook or Whatsnap here either.
I get the fact people don't like Twitter

But WhatsApp is so useful. We have a local ride group and everything is organised via WhatsApp...I even post the route files there for folk to upload to Garmins etc. Family members are all over the country so little groups on WhatsApp are great for sharing photos, arranging Xmas stuff etc. Last, but not least, it's great for quick, informal business communication. Only today I've been on WhatsApp with Hong Kong, Australia and Uruguay.

Even my mother is a WhatsApp user now

Drago

Legendary Member
The Brexit vote put me off all those platforms - everyone was being so nasty to everyone else I simply decided I didn't need such hate and vitriol in my life.

lazyfatgit

I binned it for months - deleted account (as much as can be got rid of) but found that I was missing out on some stuff which was usueful. I opened a new account, but now only use it for the things that i missed. I try and avoid reading the lunatic posts and real vindictive stuff. I don't have a lot of 'friends' and many of them are unfollowed once they start posting shoot. Why is it some really nice people turn into total turnips on FB?

NightCruiser

Why is it some really nice people turn into total turnips on FB?
It was just pre-programmed! They call it "social networks", but the truth cannot be concealed for long. In fact, all are asocial networks that reflect the ugly face of this society! Real communication works differently, but it's always easier to hide behind a digital mask. :dry:

Top Bottom