Facebook is no more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I have an account on Facebook. I started it when Rosebikes offered ten euros if you liked their page. I only accepted five friend requests and have unfollowed all of them.
As a result I only see things on pages of specific interest which I've joined. These include woodworking sites (for inspiration, some projects on there are superb) and interest (e.g. vintage bikes). I probably only look in once a week though.
Whats App is handy. Recently we had a power cut at home and I could talk my wife through what to do, a photo of the fusebox was really helpful.
They both work for me.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
But WhatsApp is so useful. We have a local ride group and everything is organised via WhatsApp...I even post the route files there for folk to upload to Garmins etc.
A cycling group only for those who bend over for the Zuck? :sad:

Globalti

Legendary Member
What Facebook addiction? I'd rather sit in the pub with a few mates and enjoy a couple of pints and some banter. Never used it, never will. CC is the nearest I get to social media.

Here's mine...

View attachment 440507

Enough technology that I'm contactable, but not so much that I'm a sad smart phone zombie.
Asked before.

Link to this beast please.

On FB. Use always minimal .Only there to be informed about one or two groups who insist on it. Have known some real oddball stuff on it - one twat who organises rides that can only be accessed via FB so he can ferret around on folks' profles, ome other chap who friended both his daughter and his mistress. It's full of games, I fear for folk, particularly the young who have known nothing else. Agree with you drago. i don't consider this social media in the same way. And have just discovered that you can totally hide from vision the politics pit. Don't feel too non tech savvy for not having realised - you need to look for "nodes".

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
:smile::The vantages breed very young I can only assume, current length of a generation being on a par with windows operating system launches.

They are currently on the Vista generation

classic33

Leg End Member
Asked before.

Link to this beast please.

On FB. Use always minimal .Only there to be informed about one or two groups who insist on it. Have known some real oddball stuff on it - one twat who organises rides that can only be accessed via FB so he can ferret around on folks' profles, ome other chap who friended both his daughter and his mistress. It's full of games, I fear for folk, particularly the young who have known nothing else. Agree with you drago. i don't consider this social media in the same way. And have just discovered that you can totally hide from vision the politics pit. Don't feel too non tech savvy for not having realised - you need to look for "nodes".
https://m.gsmarena.com/cat_b25-5983.php

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have to be on Facebook as the only way to access a community page with all sorts of local stuff.
Just read a warning not to go near the yacht pontoons as the gusts of wind currently could lift you up off your feet and into the water.
They have no real info about me as anything I gave apart from my email address to register is fiction. My avatar is the hairy face of a large disgruntled looking family dog.

Yes FB seems, reassuringly to know not a lot about me, but that's because I've always been careful.

Can't remember the birthday I gave it.

I am constantly amused/reassured by the total bizzareness of its friends recommendations.

I also have a secondary profile from ages ago which is hardly used at all.

The curious (or not so curious) thing about that profile, which is pretty much blank, is that I get far more mails from FB about it than the real one telling me about lots of supposedly interesting events/conversations/general crap that it just knows are relevant/I'll be desperately interested in.

This other chap clearly has a more interesting life than me. A positive whirlwind of activity and interests.

Top Bottom