Facial hair and passport photo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
During last few months, I have grown facial hair. As it is recent addition to my look, passport photo taken couple of years ago don't have facial hair.
I will be going to Europe in few days for my next cycle tour.
Should I take an electric shaver in case I am not allowed through the passport control?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The difference between my photo and my hairy face has proved no hindrance in my numerous trips abroad (Europe and elsewhere).

During last few months, I have grown facial hair. As it is recent addition to my look, passport photo taken couple of years ago don't have facial hair.
Should I take an electric shaver in case I am not allowed through the passport control?
I did the opposite when I was in Spain many years ago, shaving half my beard off for a carnival and the next day shaving the rest off. When I returned home they did look at my passport photo and my face a bit more carefully.

OP
OP
midliferider
I did the opposite when I was in Spain many years ago, shaving half my beard off for a carnival and the next day shaving the rest off. When I returned home they did look at my passport photo and my face a bit more carefully.

I am not worried if they don't let me in at UK airport. There is no pressure, they can check so many things and eventually will let me in.
My worry is entering Spain. If they detain me at Spain when leaving is also not a worry as I had already finished my tour.

Drago

Legendary Member
My passport photo looks like Grant Mitchell, but last time I went abroad I was bearded like Charles Bronson. Didn't raise an eyebrow that I could detect.

Tin Pot

Guru

As a beardie, you’re already on the watchlist. Bringing unnecessary battery powered electrical devices through border control ain’t gonna help.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You're best off having a beard in real life and clean shaven in the photo. If there's a problem, shave off the whiskers and all's good.

If you are beared in the photo and clean shaven in the flesh, you could be whisked off to guantanamo bay for 6 weeks till your beard's grown back to match the photo, by which time your forms will have been lost and you'll be there for years

Tin Pot

Guru
You're best off having a beard in real life and clean shaven in the photo. If there's a problem, shave off the whiskers and all's good.

If you are beared in the photo and clean shaven in the flesh, you could be whisked off to guantanamo bay for 6 weeks till your beard's grown back to match the photo, by which time your forms will have been lost and you'll be there for years

Plus your explosives will have degraded and become useless.

PS I wouldn’t neccesarily reach for the sandals either on your next border control jaunt.

Top Bottom