Faggin è arrivato

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have an early '90s Faggin Columbus Neuron. (see pic) I wrote to the factory and gave them the serial number under the BB and they replied really quickly with the relevant info. I also bought a new chromed fork off them, as the fork on my frame was a Colnago. They still make beautifully crafted steel frames at reasonable prices. Lovely bikes to ride. Here is their web site.
http://www.fagginbikes.com/
here's some info I found on a forum some time ago
"I worked for Torelli imports in the mid 80s. We brought in hundreds of Faggins. They were very nice racing bikes, hand built by the family in Italy. Bill, owner of Torelli, showed me photos of the Faggin shop. There were two daughters and a son who worked on cutting, mitering, and brazing the frames. The old man, a former pro racer, oversaw everything and did some of the work himself too. The mother cooked and cared for the crew.
The family lived upstairs and the frame building shop was downstairs. Their commute to work was hell! The painting and chrome work were sourced out to a nearby speciality shop.
Leandro Faggin was a top pro. He was three time world champion on the track and also won two Olympic gold medals in 1956. He passed away at 37 years of age in 1970."

View attachment 342877
I have just seen your post, thank you very much, now l feel even luckier to own a bike with such a pedigree. I have nothing but admiration for people like the Faggin family, true artisan crafts men and women. It rings a very loud bell with me because some years ago l owned and ran my own small business, designing and producing hand made furniture. I know how hard it can be to stick uncompromisingly to high standards when the pressure is to produce more, and more cheaply.
The underneath of the BB on my bike just has the number 55 which l assumed was the frame size! I think l will write to the factory though and attach a photograph to see if they can give me any info.
All the best.
Chris

RedRider

Pulling through
Less overlap ? :whistle:

To be serious it isn't a problem I've ever had, I normally end up with 6-8 inches left on the rolls, are you starting right at the stem or coming 3-4 inches away to begin?
Maybe 3 inches and about 5mm overlap. I'll take a pic and start new thread when I get chance

Top Bottom