Fair play to carradice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Bought a new saddlepack for the winter steed and used it on Saturday, feeling all posh cos it was a carradice, not the el cheapo ones I usually get.

But I get back from my ride and :eek: Notice that the straps have broken off the studs on top of the bag.
Bodge it with epoxy was my first thought, but dropped carradice an email, and no questions asked just said send it in for repair.

Kudos to them. :bravo:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Perfectly happy with my current Carradice gear, but I read too many examples like yours which suggests quality control issues.

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

Was it a Carradura saddlepack? I had a similar problem with one of these - they replaced it but the problem happened again. Then they riveted the strap back on, which has worked so far. Bit of a design fault I thought.

It's the super c saddlepack, but it sounds like the same design.

It does seem an odd design on reflection, as it puts the entire load force on a tiny area using those rivets. Think they need to reinforce it with some extra stitching.

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

Perfectly happy with my current Carradice gear, but I read too many examples like yours which suggests quality control issues.

Hmmm, I am inclined to agree...

Saved up some overtime money and bought myself a super c audax bag as a little treat.

Delivered with the third fixing point (the one you attach to the seatpost) not attached.

When I gave the guy at carradice a ring today, there was weary resignation in his voice, think this may be an ongoing issue.

But again, kudos to them, no questions, they just said send it back and we'll sort it.

Top Bottom