Fairfield loop cafe development at old Levenshulme station.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just seen this story on road.cc and they credit the source as the MEN.

Story HERE.

“We hope the presence of good food, good coffee, good beer and a unique venue to co-work, create, play and learn right on the Fallowfield Loop..... "

Sounds good in theory as it is a popular route and has the potential to generate sufficient custom all week long rather than just at weekends. I hope they have some sensible and secure cycle parking facilities planned!

Drago

Legendary Member
Beer sounds good. Bike stands, so you can ride straight up the the bar without dismounting, would be even better.

furbo

Well done those peeps !
Saving Manchester's victorian heritage and the loop has been crying out for a cafe.
It's the Fallowfield Loop of course

Globalti

Legendary Member
Is it worth us riding down from Lancashire, the True North, Strong and Free, to sample the wares and test this softy southern fallopian loop?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Regular muggings on the Floop. Used to use it everyday. Its not bad but glass strewn in places. Good to see something happening with the old station. They would need secure parking though as Levy is rough as a bear's bottom.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Regular muggings on the Floop. Used to use it everyday. Its not bad but glass strewn in places. Good to see something happening with the old station. They would need secure parking though as Levy is rough as a bear's bottom.
My first thought was "Oh, that's good" but being a "that glass is 90% empty" person it was closely followed by a second thought - "It looks like the kind of place where somebody might leap out, hit you with a baseball bat, and ride off on your bike"! :whistle:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
A few years ago I was riding on the loop about midnight when I was nearly knocked off by a badger which came out right in front of me. Don't think Billy Brock was after my bike though. At the time I think it was only the second time I'd seen a live badger and remember thinking "blimey I'm only a couple of miles from the city centre".
Today I saw two badgers, both roadkill.

Top Bottom