Faith shaken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
It's been 7 years since I started using them, 3 years since I stopped carrying a puncture repair kit, but today I have been let down......................just like my tyre. Went to the garage to get my hybrid out for my shopping and, my M+ front is flat. Shook me rigid it did. :sad:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Shocking. How dare it go flat?

ScotiaLass

Guru
It's been 7 years since I started using them, 3 years since I stopped carrying a puncture repair kit, but today I have been let down......................just like my tyre. Went to the garage to get my hybrid out for my shopping and, my M+ front is flat. Shook me rigid it did. :sad:
I am shocked for you! :ohmy:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Will have a look tomorrow, I've had to sit down for while, I've checked twice since I first found it........ but it's still flat.

Had to use the old MTB for my shopping, took a pump and a repair kit, never thought I'd do that again, it's so disappointing. Used some spare panniers I recently got from Ebay, 2 bags with integral top bag, the zips broke on each side soon as I tried to zip up the shopping the very first bleedin time, it's like the butterfly effect. :sad:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Stuff the tube full of grass clippings and wallpaper paste. Pop it back on the rim and it'll ride like a dream!!!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I recall @srw reporting a puncture (indeed, if I recall, possibly a gash or a rip) in an M+ a couple of years ago. This is becoming a worryingly common occurrence.
The entire history is:
M+ on a Brompton - punctured twice in half a dozen years by 6-inch nails; exploded once (in a wine bar) when utterly rotten.
M+ on a tandem - punctured once in about 4000 miles by a large stone chip which found its way around the protective strip; sidewall failed when very worn.
Durano plus on a tandem - exploded once under the force of a failed cheap tube.

As you say - shockingly common.

Top Bottom