Fake Colnago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Cambram

After the downstairs loo replacement, dealing with boiler breakdown, waiting for bits, eventually got the bike together.

I discovered that Campag and Stronglight chainwheels and cranks are not interchangeable on the same length axle.

Quite pleased with final outcome as I rode around the block to check that nothing came off. Still needs a shakedown ride - I bet something will need tightening.

Two pack (2K) lacquer seems to be an excellent product. Although it says use within a few hours I have found that the mixed life can be extended to nearly a week if stored alongside the milk bottles in the fridge.

I would still like to know the original frame builder. It wouldn't be difficult to print a decal and fit somewhere. In the
meantime "Nonloso".

OP
OP
C

Cambram

Two years have passed and and at last I think that that I have identified the frame as a Fondriest Gamma.
Please see https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/261640/
Compare the lovely bike shown with the 3rd and 5th photo in my thread plus the "shot in" seat stays I am pretty sure that my frame is similar. Why the person covered that great colour scheme with black rattle can I can't imagine. Sadly, the effects of lock-ins and my long covid and other health effects I will be selling the bike shortly. No idea of value or the state of the market at the moment. Thanks for looking.

Top Bottom