Fake helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Theres a post and link in 'General cycling discussions' about a 'Fake Britain' item on, well fake helmets. iPlayer link.
Rather than asking over there thought I'd try here as to thoughts on fake helmets.
If you want to wear a helmet, you don't want a fake, it should conform and pass relevant tests as it may be needed to do what you bought it for.
OTOH how would you know? Is a lesser standard of protection and the placebo effect of having something on your bonce good enough to keep the pro-wearers content anyway?

User269

There are some here that would argue all cycle helmets are fake.

young Ed

Veteran
must admit having had to wear a helmet since i started riding probably at least 10 or 11 years ago i just wear a helmet and that's it, not sure what safety standards and tests it passes but it feels right and it's what i'm used to. although if i were to be buying another helmet i would want to buy one that has passed the right safety standards and has kite mark etc

hopefully i will never need to use a helmet for it's intended purpose!
Cheers Ed

must admit having had to wear a helmet since i started riding probably at least 10 or 11 years ago i just wear a helmet and that's it, not sure what safety standards and tests it passes but it feels right and it's what i'm used to. although if i were to be buying another helmet i would want to buy one that has passed the right safety standards and has kite mark etc

hopefully i will never need to use a helmet for it's intended purpose!
Cheers Ed

This is a real issue with helmets

When so many companies and organisations reject a standard as insufficient and unacceptable, should we still allow them to be sold?

young Ed

Veteran
This is a real issue with helmets

When so many companies and organisations reject a standard as insufficient and unacceptable, should we still allow them to be sold?
probably no,t but as it is helmets aren't a legal requirement and as it's not to do with a motor vehicle directly no one high up could give a toss about safety standards :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom