Falcon 72'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finally got my Falcon 72' Olympic (or at least I think that's what it is) up to spec after a lot of part changes, resprays and adjustments. Put on Shimano 105 RD, cassette with an Ultegra chain and FSA 53T front ring. R501 wheels. Turbo saddle. Fizik tape with Cane Creek levers. Jag wire finishing kit. The only original parts now are the pedals, the saches huret shifter, seat post and the Raleigh handlebars. Still need to replace the set of brakes Ive got on it currently to something with a deeper drop (anyone been able to find anything with enough drop for a 29" wheel frame to fit 700C wheels - it just needs a couple of mm more) and probably ship out the FSA crank for something a little nicer when I get round to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 46

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
I got a nice set of tektro very long reach dual calipers from SJS cycles. Look at my thread under another resto that show them. Good thing was they are the nutted version so no mods required.

earlestownflya

you're looking for 57mm drop.tektro do them,miche do them,shimano do them..unfortunately campagnolo do not which is a shame....do'nt be afraid to drill out the frame and fork to take an inset allen key fitting,it's easy:smile:

The pair I have, which are supposed to be dropped, I got from an LBS, (which is why now I just do it all myself) so everything's all drilled out already - I was wary of getting another pair without having talked to someone who has bought them to use on a 29" before, so thanks for your help.

midlife

Guru
Always nice to see a Falcon back in action. The original wheels would have been 27 x 1 1/4 inches .

Shaun

Aye I'll do a few more tomorrow if I get chance

Top Bottom