falcon avenger - Walsall NOW RECOVERED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

My bike was stolen this morning from the bike racks at the rear of the crown wharf shopping area, Walsall.
seat post is stuck and crumpled in, yellow bottle cage, bell lights fitted. had front vbrake on with rear cantilever brake. not worth a lot but has a lot of sentimental value to me. if seen please message me.
12006376_1496311730683987_5093676177450430801_n.jpg

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

Bike now recovered and in a right state :sad:

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

If the bits are are broken, let me know. I've probably got some lower end parts you can have. Depends what you need?
Thanks but its stuff I needed to replace anyway and was sort of budgeted for.
Cables and tyres + need to get the now cut off seized seatpost out or further down so I can atleast get a new post in and tighten up a few bolts.
Ill attempt to remove/push seatpost down before going any further :sad:

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

The bike wont be getting a rebuild. It will be stripped of most of its parts and scrapped now. Its time to give up on it.
The seatpost is stuck in there good and proper, because of how it was cut off theres no way of getting a grip on it, it doesnt matter what is done to it, its not coming out without damaging the frame. So ill be off of bikes until i can afford to buy a new one :sad:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Sounds like a candidate for the caustic soda routine! If nothing else it will let you practice the technique. Do this outdoors and take every safety precaution you can think of!

OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

Im tempted to give it a try but will be a while due to work etc
Ill be putting the frame in the loft for when i do get the time....

Top Bottom