Fantastic gifts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Have you received a gift that you think is just brilliant every time you use it ?
I was given a ceramic egg timer that you pop in the water with your eggs and it tells you at what stage of boiling your eggs are . How cool is that :hyper: it was probably developed by NASSA or something .

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm always grateful for my gift of life.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I was given a very nice pair of slippers for Xmas... they certainly tick all the boxes a pair of slippers should.
I've also got one of those egg thingies, but never use it as i prefer poached eggs.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The best present I received was a hand warmer about 30 years ago. It was a bit smaller than a cigarette case and inside you placed a piece of charcoal I guess it was, that you lit first, then placed inside. Gradually it got warmer and warmer. It was brilliant.

I don't think you can get them anymore. Then again I suppose the health and safety people wouldn't be pleased if people could walk walk around with something smouldering in they're coat pockets. I don't understand why though....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Charcoal hand warmers are still available at Amazon.

I had no idea. Thanks

slowwww

Veteran
A couple of years ago my wife gave me a cufflink box. This is made from brown leather and the 20 compartments are lined with orange silk.

I don't think it was inordinately expensive, but it gives me a little frisson of pleasure when I use it everyday; not least because previously I had dozens of individual boxes, and invariably it'd take me ages to find the links I was looking for.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A couple of years ago my wife gave me a cufflink box. This is made from brown leather and the 20 compartments are lined with orange silk.

I don't think it was inordinately expensive, but it gives me a little frisson of pleasure when I use it everyday; not least because previously I had dozens of individual boxes, and invariably it'd take me ages to find the links I was looking for.

You have more than one set of cufflinks? :eek:

I was going to be sarcastic but you might get shirty with me.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I get annoyed when people give me gifts after I have done a small deed for them, I do it because they are friends or neighbours, take last Sunday I saved a friend from spending over £400, Oh I must take you out for a meal, when's your birthday. I'm sorry I don't want it, a thank you is all I need.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

That sounds like a lovely present, chosen with care and something you can use and admire.

Top Bottom