Fantasy frame shopping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
I keep drooling at nice new frames, but fancy something timeless that won't go out of style.

There's some nice full carbon stuff out there, but for example the 2006 Madone looks a bit dated next to the latest model.

A handmade steel frame tickles my fancy, and would be available at the price of a full carbon frame.

On to Ti. Silly I know, but I prefer the look of Merlin on a Ti frame to Litespeed. And at the price, things like that matter!

So what would be your fantasy frame purchase?

I'm going for a Merlin Fortius.

Never ridden one, or even stepped over one, but I think it's gorgeous. Go on, indulge yourself - what would be your fantasy purchase?

sheddy

Legendary Member
38, 24, 36 ?

gavintc

Guru
Timeless and fantasy do not fit well together. I love the look of Cervelo frames, but I acknowledge that in 3-4 yrs time they will be somewhat dated and will be overtaken by the latest technology.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Steve Austin said:
A ti Moots.. now if only i could decide between road or Mtb :rolleyes:

Ah, I've got that covered by not being able to afford a Titus Motolite.

gavintc said:
Timeless and fantasy do not fit well together. I love the look of Cervelo frames, but I acknowledge that in 3-4 yrs time they will be somewhat dated and will be overtaken by the latest technology.

Which is something I hold against them - I like them, but feel they're too much of a fashion statement.

Top Bottom