Fantasy safety feature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Pandy

Tattoo arm warmers are the best safety device I have ever bought.

Cars give me a next two foot when passing, and no-one, and I do mean no-one ever pulls out on me.;)

I have had WVMs nod at me as I have passed their junction.

It also helps that I shave my head, but that has more to do with a lack of hair than being hard. Trust me, they work better than any bit of orange plastic

http://www.prankplace.com/tattoo.htm

PS I am far to scared to ever get a real tat, plus the wife would kill me.

frog

Brilliant!

Do they do leg warmers as well?

And a buff?

;)

danny121 said:
I used to know a bloke who's bike has one of those orange-reflectors-on-a-stick (he was a regular at a pub I worked in), he swore that since fitting it all car/van/etc drivers gave him extra room when overtaking.

I tried one of those out 20 odd years ago (I have fitted dafter things to bikes) ... I swear that motorists thought it was a target ... ;)

PrettyboyTim

Andy Pandy said:
It also helps that I shave my head, but that has more to do with a lack of hair than being hard. Trust me, they work better than any bit of orange plastic

Fantastic!

Not sure anybody would be very impressed by them on my skinny little arms, though...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yorkshireman said:
I tried one of those out 20 odd years ago (I have fitted dafter things to bikes) ... I swear that motorists thought it was a target ... :angry:

I've heard other people say that the motorist thinks "Ah, so trhat's how much room a cyclist needs" and then pass close to the reflector thinking they're doing you a favour...

Maz

Guru
I have a giant-size orange plastic lollipop attached to the front passenger door of my car. I use it to knock over cyclists as I overtake them! :angry:

domtyler

Über Member
Bucket of oil on the rear rack, deploy onto road surface in front of your 'favourite' motorist! :biggrin:

We live in a high tech age, I am developing a miniature surface to surface missile system that can be deployed from recumbent trikes, utilising a HUD in the fairing, initially it will be available for Catrikes but expect Trice and Windcheetah versions to follow.

liambauckham

Über Member
Catrike UK said:
You can get them, they are those sprung sticky out reflector things.

RFSVH6.jpg

that seems cool, even better you could always tape some kind of blade or rough edge so if it did come into contact with a car in theory should take some paint with it

Top Bottom