Fantasy Vuelta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Alejandro responded well to my request. :angry::smile:

I was watching it on Eurosport. One of the sponsors is Ave/Renfe and so they did a long view of a train pulling out of the station. Trains, bicycles, and Alejandro :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: who could ask for more?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley said:
Slighty (well, very) off topic...Speicher you seen these?

http://www.glenfinnanstationmuseum.co.uk/sleeping_car.asp
http://www.sleeperzzz.com/

Just in case you were ever looking for somewhere to stay...

You are a mine of excellent information. :sad::biggrin: I did not know about those two. I know of one in Shropshire and one in Yorkshire, but the prices per night are silly. However, "your" two look really good, and not too costly. I particularly like the Rogart one. They seem geared up to bicycles, and are next to Stations. :biggrin:

Now I just need to ask Alejandro if he would like to join me. :biggrin:;)

Keith Oates

Janner

Keith Oates

Janner
Bettini is showing good form and could well carry it over to the Worlds. The question now is can Valverde keep his position ahead of Contador, Sastre, etc. when they hit the mountains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
No I think it will be a duel between Sastre and Contador. Could be interesting Contador has a lot to ride for not least to stick it to ASO for missing the Tour. Sastre will be wanting to prove he is not a one trick pony.

Noodley

mondobongo said:
Sastre will be wanting to prove he is not a one trick pony.

I don't think he's got enough support in the Vuleta from his team. It's Contador's race...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mondobongo said:
No I think it will be a duel between Sastre and Contador. Could be interesting Contador has a lot to ride for not least to stick it to ASO for missing the Tour. Sastre will be wanting to prove he is not a one trick pony.

Sastre's season showed that he was pretty much concentrated on the tour though (to the exclusion of all else). You have to wonder whether that attitude includes the post tour races too... I'd love to see them make a battle of it, having said that. Pace Speicher, and the other Alejandro fans, I don't think Valverde has it in him, unless he's improved since the tour.

I'm glad to hear of Chavanel doing well too - I followed his tour diary on Cyclingnews, and I like his attitude to the sport.

Top Bottom