**Fantasy Vuelta**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK, I´m in (FWIFW :tongue:).

I´ll unhappily admit that I expect to take the ´lanterne rouge´ (or the Spanish equivalant) as four of my team have ´null points´and are probably nowhere near Spain.

103 points to date!

I think I´ll have that cuppa at BH on me Jack Jones! :rofl:

Pimperial said:
That's me. I'm amazed to have held the lead for 5 stages. It won't last. Is there a prize for the winner? :rofl:

Prize for the winner. You'll have our constant indignation admiration :tongue:

Anyone playing a joker today?

I played one yesterday based on the stage profile but I think the profiles must be mixed up, anyone noticed that?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I played 2 early Jokers on Cancellara and Farrar, and the next one is Gerrans in stage 8. Most of mine are in the mountains.

Skip Madness

The jokers are an excellent idea. Mine are mostly back-loaded, with four in the last five stages; I have only played one so far (thanks for nothing, Farrar). My next one is on Sunday.

Besides the fantasy race, the actual race is about to become pretty good, I reckon. Sunday and Monday should be excellent stages.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Skip Madness said:
The jokers are an excellent idea.

Yep, I agree.

I like the setup better than the 'old place' as well especially the quick update of points. The only 'improvement' I can think of would be looking at having some limit on the different types of riders you can choose like there is on the 'old place' game, as I just picked any rider I fancied and still did not reach the 50 point limit. Most of my riders were picked as I reckoned they are in with a shout of GC, with one each picked as I reckon they'll win points in sprints or TT.

Maybe a list of GC, sprinters, climbers, domestiques? But better organised than the 'old place' which seemed a bit hot or miss....

I'm not complaining as I think it's a great game, just putting forward suggestions....

I think the joker bit is very good, maintains interest and is a bit chesslike as you adjust to those in form and out. I also like the speed of the updates and the fact your overall score is shown if you've entered all three GT's. As the scoring is simpler it's also easier to predict where you might pick up points.

Like Noodley said, the list would be better split down and perhaps make it a bit harder to spend your 50 points wisely. I think I like it better than Velogames.

Anyway I'm off to study Pimperials jokers and see if I can't outmanouevre him somewhere. Mind you, I'll probably get runover in the rush for the finish at the end.

Pimperial

Crackle said:
Anyway I'm off to study Pimperials jokers and see if I can't outmanouevre him somewhere. Mind you, I'll probably get runover in the rush for the finish at the end.

Harsh! I'm maintaining the moral high ground of not editing my original choices of joker. Starting to wish I'd taken more care.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Pimperial said:
I'm maintaining the moral high ground of not editing my original choices of joker.

I think anyone who alters their Jokers has to buy me a pint. In Norway. And pay for me to get there to drink it....:ohmy:

Top Bottom