Fao Arch and other knitted animal fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I did buy a couple of Dean Koontz books at 50p each (no crimpolene in my size or shade sadly), The old dear behind the till nearly fell out of her wheelchair when I gave her a fiver and said put them down as £2.50 each !

(The bloke in front of me had tried to argue the prices down on his purchases)

Elmer Fudd

I did buy a couple of Dean Koontz books at 50p each (no crimpolene in my size or shade sadly), The old dear behind the till nearly fell out of her wheelchair when I gave her a fiver and said put them down as £2.50 each !

(The bloke in front of me had tried to argue the prices down on his purchases)

Elmer Fudd

Fnaar said:
There's some guy lives near me (I know not who) who regularly takes his old Ben Sherman shirts to the charidee shop, for me to pick up for £3 or so! Thanks mystery guy! ;)
I bought eight trendy long sleeved T-shirts at the beginning of the month for £14. You can't argue with that can you ?

Elmer Fudd

Fnaar said:
There's some guy lives near me (I know not who) who regularly takes his old Ben Sherman shirts to the charidee shop, for me to pick up for £3 or so! Thanks mystery guy! :blush:
I bought eight trendy long sleeved T-shirts at the beginning of the month for £14. You can't argue with that can you ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Good stuff Elmer!
btw Arch, here's a project for after Xmas:
cykel_004_edited.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
Good stuff Elmer!
cykel_004_edited.jpg

;):ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I hate it when people try to haggle in a charity shop. For gods sake, you're getting it for fraction of the new price. And it's a charity shop! Would the same people, if they had a tin rattled at them in the street, give a quid and ask for change?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
Good stuff Elmer!
cykel_004_edited.jpg

:blush::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I hate it when people try to haggle in a charity shop. For gods sake, you're getting it for fraction of the new price. And it's a charity shop! Would the same people, if they had a tin rattled at them in the street, give a quid and ask for change?

Elmer Fudd

Exactly Arch, 4 of the shirts still had the original shop tags in and they were all from 'reasonable' high street stores (Next etc.)

Haggling in charidee shops, now that really is lame. How about people who shop lift from charidee shops, or the minger who used to go through the skip behind Sue Rider in Bristol, retrieving the stuff that the shop thought was to worthless to display.

Haggling in charidee shops, now that really is lame. How about people who shop lift from charidee shops, or the minger who used to go through the skip behind Sue Rider in Bristol, retrieving the stuff that the shop thought was to worthless to display.

longers

Legendary Member
I had to take some time once to make sure I didn't short change them while buying some books. She probably wasn't the best old dear to be running the till.

Haggling? ;)

Skip diving? That's saving them money as the less it has to be emptied the less they pay no?

longers

Legendary Member
I had to take some time once to make sure I didn't short change them while buying some books. She probably wasn't the best old dear to be running the till.

Haggling? ;)

Skip diving? That's saving them money as the less it has to be emptied the less they pay no?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
There's a notice on one of my local charity shop which says not to leave stuff in bin-bags at the front door, and have had to provide a secure skip type thing round the back... basically people just take stuff that has been left there. ;)

Example, we saw a nice little scooter outside recently which my eldest would have loved, passed by about an hour later (it was pre-opening time) and it had gone - is there nothing sacred/off limits in this world???

Top Bottom