Farewell A567 VOO. Sob.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
I trust the Thin Lizzy tapes survived?

Yep, have just taken it out the player:smile:

Had a good look at the car today and I'm going to buy the write off back because the smash hasn't caused any structural damage and I can get the bent panels replaced.

That's the good thing about old cars, you can often fix um with an angle grinder and welder. Bits for old Fords are cheap and plentiful, too.

I'll still have to buy a Scimitar to use though;), can't begin the Capri until the H van is finished:sad:

Gromit

Über Member
Why do you have to buy back the write off? Isn't the car yours?

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
When a vehicle is written off the insurance company pay you it's value (pre crash!) and then either sell it for salvage or scrap.

If you ask they will then sell it back to you at it's scrap/salvage value. You do have to get it checked before you can insure or use it on the road again.

peanut

And said:
Looks great - Buy it!

I was just thinking it looks like its had an underbonnet fire and lo and behold there is a fire extinquisher on the centre console :boxing::biggrin::biggrin: alarm alarm :ohmy:

Actually it looks great. Wolfrace wheels nice leather look interior its got to be worth a grand if it runs .Thats probably only 2x weeks wages to most of us .:sad:

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Just had a bit of a result! The insurance assessor has just had a look and said they would give me £600 if they wrote it off.

But they don't want to do that, so they're going to give me the £600 and I can keep the car and fix it myself:biggrin:

Off to ebay for the bits:biggrin:

tyred

Legendary Member
Hilldodger said:
Just had a bit of a result! The insurance assessor has just had a look and said they would give me £600 if they wrote it off.

But they don't want to do that, so they're going to give me the £600 and I can keep the car and fix it myself:biggrin:

Off to ebay for the bits:biggrin:

Result!

I was rear ended in my Pug 205 before Christmas and got 550Euro, went looking for a bootlid and ended up with a complete car for free, fixed it myself without spending a penny as the donor car was the same colour as my own.:smile:

Saddle bum

Über Member
My fave motor was my 3-litre Capri. One can only hope the culprit suffers perpertual piles.

I feel a Campag Record Colnago arriving by way of replacement.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Saddle bum said:
My fave motor was my 3-litre Capri. One can only hope the culprit suffers perpertual piles.

I feel a Campag Record Colnago arriving by way of replacement.

A new Penny more like.

Top Bottom