Farewell Rose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
A Brexit deal without agreement on zero tariffs and VAT will stop them shipping to the UK anyway. Just look what a nightmare it is buying from the USA; duty, VAT and a nice admin charge from the carrier too.

Tell me about it, I own a business that imports from the USA and sells in the UK, I also used to sell well into many customers in Europe, but they have cut me out now and buy direct, despite me being able to offer a better price.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yeah, It's so that if you're turning right across traffic, signalling with your right hand and you brake, you grab a handful of rear brake, not front!

Quite sensible really.

I got that, I wasn’t aware of it being legislated for. What regs stipulate the positioning?

If you've got nice internal routing or interesting cable management systems it is a proper nuisance to switch round, doubly so with hydraulics which many are now.

That describes my situation exactly, internal routing. It was too much faff to change it.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It looks like the regs only apply to new bikes at point of sale and if someone preferred their brakes the other way round there's nothing to stop them switching them.

C R

Guru
It looks like the regs only apply to new bikes at point of sale and if someone preferred their brakes the other way round there's nothing to stop them switching them.
When this was discussed at road.cc the consensus seemed to be that the bike must comply with the regs to be allowed through customs. Rose seem to have changed from jit building to stocking built bikes, which possibly makes it uneconomical for them sell British brake configs, as they would either have to stock that config, or modify each UK bound order.

By comparison, the ROI regs are advisory, so Rose can still ship continental brake config bikes there.

Top Bottom