Farking wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Last night the kids trampoline was blowing around the garden even thouhg we have brick walls and had it anchored so i took it down .
got up this morning and the car has a dent, scratches and one of the windows had shattered .
**$$!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cursing:

I tried riding in a 30 mph gusting to 60 mph this morning. I (really wisely) decided to try going over the Itchen bridge. :stop::eek::ohmy: I don't weigh very much, nor does the bike. The bus next to me, did weigh a bit. Ohhhh Lordy, that was a once in a lifetime 'experience'.

Mrs M

Guru
I avoid riding in really windy conditions after a few near misses. Don't mind rain or fog but never ride in the wind now (unless behind Mr M after beans on toast)!!!

SWSteve

Guru
Woke up at 630am hoping to get out with a mate and a local club he was trying out, looked at the trees outside and got back in bed. No way I was risking the ride to meet him/them. Shame as I haven't been able to get out on the Zondas since they arrived

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I rode at Xmas along the River Dee cycle path with, a stiff side wind that was an eye opener, I stayed on the cycle paths all the way home, you can see snow and ice but that gust just happens, no no for me and the wind.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have a fence panel come loose, it just needs putting back in the fence post grooves so nothing too drastic. We thought that next door's fence was coming down last night.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

We have a fence panel come loose, it just needs putting back in the fence post grooves so nothing too drastic. We thought that next door's fence was coming down last night.
Had to rebuild a blown out panel with new struts over the new year .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If this wind carries on, I could see my attempt to do a metric century every month being abandoned before it has even started! :whistle:

I went for a walk instead of riding today, and it was damn nippy in the wind 1,000 ft up ...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I too wish the wind would do one now :angry: my plan is to ride every day this year, but the wind over last 2 days is really trying me. I don't normally ride in strong winds, but have tried to do a small loop on local quiet roads, under 8 miles each of the last 2 days, but better than nothing I suppose :blush:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

If this wind carries on, I could see my attempt to do a metric century every month being abandoned before it has even started! :whistle:

I went for a walk instead of riding today, and it was damn nippy in the wind 1,000 ft up ...
I set some PRs on strava last few days going to work on my subway , getting top tens against carbon bling machines aint bad :smile:, down to 7 mph down hill on the return mind.

screenman

Legendary Member

Stretch some wire between the posts, this stops the panels blowing out, if you do not want them too.

Top Bottom