Fascist buzz'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Can't they use those spiderman style sticky nets that they shoot out and envelop the perp?

they look well fun!

I've seen the vid before.

What's interesting is that the guns are being issued to officers without firearms training. Once again the assurances that the public were given about the extent of a law enforcement measure are being disregarded.

Twenty Inch said:
I've seen the vid before.

What's interesting is that the guns are being issued to officers without firearms training. Once again the assurances that the public were given about the extent of a law enforcement measure are being disregarded.

The danger is that they will be routinely used for punishment purposes. If I was hauling in some yobbo who had given one of my mates a kicking last month, I know there'd be a temptation to decide that he was dangerous and needed tasering.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

That temptation will EASILY be took!

Patrick Stevens said:
The danger is that they will be routinely used for punishment purposes. If I was hauling in some yobbo who had given one of my mates a kicking last month, I know there'd be a temptation to decide that he was dangerous and needed tasering.

greenmark

Guru
Did anyone notice the following from the vid:

1) "I have come to try out the taser out for myself, to literally put my body where my mouth is"
2) he had a twitch in his left eye before he got tasered and it moved to his right eye after.

I don't think he was tasered at all.

Why doesn't the guy holding the taser doesn't point it at him - and doesn't seem to fire it?!

And wouldn't you expect the guys holding his hands to get a jolt (I'm not a physicist so may be wrong on that one).

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

More factually "the batteries failed"

Patrick Stevens said:
"Officer, how did you decide that the man was no longer a threat to you?"
"When the taser battery was flat."

longers

Legendary Member
Kids round Ashton carry these as self defence - or more accurately as a deterrent. Apparently the buzz given off at night is enough to guarantee safe passage without having to use one.

Intelligenthamster said:
I don't think he was tasered at all.

Why doesn't the guy holding the taser doesn't point it at him - and doesn't seem to fire it?!

And wouldn't you expect the guys holding his hands to get a jolt (I'm not a physicist so may be wrong on that one).

Well, I'm not a physicist either, but surely the current would flow between the two barbed darts fired into the Chief Constable (could we see the puncture marks for verification purposes please :biggrin:) and as the human body is not a very good conductor, the brave officers who volunteered to pick their boss up would be perfectly safe.

I'm sure there's no truth in the cynical suggestion that the Chief only got a "mini burst" as opposed to the 25 seconds to the goolies that Dirty Dai from Rhyl will get as soon as the force catches up with him. :biggrin:

pw2389

Patrick Stevens said:
...and as the human body is not a very good conductor...

I thought it was a very good conductor being mostly water? Plod wearing thick-soled boots or shoes would act as a good insulator though, preventing the route back to earth.

pw2389 said:
I thought it was a very good conductor being mostly water? Plod wearing thick-soled boots or shoes would act as a good insulator though, preventing the route back to earth.

Water is not a conductor! Water containing salt is though and the human body contains salts. However, because of mass of tissues, the body is not a continuous medium and is therefore a very poor conductor. If you don't believe me try constructing a circuit using part of your body. You need a short discharge path and a high PD to create a current.

The use of thick soled boots is irrelevant as what matters is the potential difference between the two barbs. If this were not the case, then the taser would be useless against any hoolie wearing thick trainers.

Top Bottom