Fascist buzz'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1) Taser was not fired at the officer as it relies on penetrating the skin with darts. An equally effective shock can be delivered through ECG style electrode pads stuck on the officer. The two taser lines are then clipped to the pads for the shock to be delivered.

2) They are NOT guns.

3) If Taser is deployed by an officer, it generates a significant amount of paperwork to have the deployment signed off, and the officer can be held responsible at tribuneral for irresponsible deployment.

4) If you don't want to get Tasered - don't physically threaten a Police officer and make them use it. Personally I believe strongly in the UK Police, and would much much rather some pikey scumbag got tasered instead of plod getting punched in the face.

5) Would you, if it was possible, tell an officer NOT to deploy Taser against someone who was busy kicking your mates face into mush?

Keith Oates

Janner
If it prevents a thug hurting a policeman or member of the public I think it's OK. I also think the UK Police can be trusted to use this as instructed. However in some parts of the world this may not be the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canrider

Guru
1) Irrelevant?
2) Irrelevant.
3) Thin Blue Line?
4) Wishful thinking.
5) Appeal to Emotion fallacy.

And that from someone who does see a role for the Taser in modern policing.
But maybe we shouldn't be giving them to rent-a-cops:

Sabreur

Quick question, How does the officer ensure the recipient of the "tasering" does not have a medical condition for which the shock could prove fatal?

(I have a heart condition and was wondering the wording I should have put on a tee-shirt, just in case)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Thus illuminating the surrounding area and revealing more suspects. ;) ;)

Yes, those in the Police Station excepting the 'criminals' but not dis-cluding the police officers as wayward and dodgy people....:biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Yes, Sabreur, this is MUCH debated now...most people who are tazered either have a heart situation after a jolt of this weapon ;) or get (need a better word) condition...or even die, very sadly.

So the stupid thing is say you are caught up in a situation for example and get tazered what happens near death ???? :biggrin:

This, is a disgraceful introduction, to the policeforce and should NEVER have been....;)

Sabreur said:
Quick question, How does the officer ensure the
recipient of the "tasering" does not have a medical condition for which the shock could prove fatal?

(I have a heart condition and was wondering the wording I should have put on a tee-shirt, just in case)

Top Bottom