Fashion that never dies (in your mind)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've worn Vans and Converse all my life, so am rather peeved that both brands came so heavily back into fashion (and converse now out of fashion) leaving me looking like I've fallen off the back of the wave, when I've actually been ahead of the wave for 40+ years!

My daughters bought me a pair of these last birthday. I wasn't allowed them as a kid, so associated were they in my parent's perception with 'bother'.
download.jpeg

Mrs M

Guru
3F26E42A-A8F2-4D0D-A5DA-63F6731C79DC.jpeg
Adidas Samba, first pair in decades!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I've worn Vans and Converse all my life, so am rather peeved that both brands came so heavily back into fashion (and converse now out of fashion) leaving me looking like I've fallen off the back of the wave, when I've actually been ahead of the wave for 40+ years!

My daughters bought me a pair of these last birthday. I wasn't allowed them as a kid, so associated were they in my parent's perception with 'bother'.
View attachment 445278
monkey boots :wub:

D

Deleted member 26715

501's were the only jeans i would wear back in the 80's & early 90's.... used to pay about £40 + for em.
Would never pay that now for jeans. I now buy jeans from Asda at £14..... but they're actually pretty good. In fact i buy a lot of clobber from George Asda.
I bought 2 pair a couple of years ago on sale at the Levi shop in York, £99 for 2 pairs, they were carp, back in the 80's they would last years worn every single day, these 2 pair fell apart within 2 years, certainly won't be buying anymore, you could feel the difference in the denim

adidas gazelles, whatever colour, and only one colour with white stripes with the white tongue.

I had a pair of sky blue ones which I still cry about. I cant believe I chucked them

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Strict parents......I was very much under the thumb. 1962 I came home with my first/only pair of Winks and was made to take them back :sad:. I came back with a pair of chisle toes and got away with that.

I was a bit later than you with the youth sub culture stuff. Punk Rock followed by Quadrophenia inspired Mod stuff was my thing. I bought some long toe shoes about 10 years ago. I still have them and looking at them now they're 90% winklepicker(ish). I suppose wearing them in our youth was ok,but now i'd just see them as i said earlier. A broken bone just waiting to happen. The ones i bought are about 2 inch longer than my toe,so you can guess the trip up possibility.:B)

Last edited:
Top Bottom